Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for help. I have changed wheels and my tire pressure sensors won't work with the new wheels. Don't really care enough to spend the $500-$700 to buy the new, correct, sensors but would like to turn off the warning light. Techs at the dealer say they can't bypass the warning light. Anyone know different.................

·
Registered
52 Posts
what wheels do you want? why dont they work? we have a strap to stap them in the dropcenter of the wheel. let me know what wheel you want i can check it out for you
Dave

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the steel styled wheels. Have bought the TRD wheels as takeoffs from another TS member. Dealer says the tire pressure sensors are not the same on the two different wheels. Different angle of valve stem to sensor.

Check out my other thread: Changing wheels or aftermarkets, yikes

Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, Is it a band to attach the sensor to the wheel in a different position?
How much do the cost? Look forward to the pics.

·
Registered
52 Posts
go do a GOOGLE pics on TPMS we have a strap for the center of the wheel and a plate to bolt it to. its no big deal.
as for as lugs i could maybe find you some used but they will be $2 each plus shipping

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the info. Wifey is calling me to bed. One more question and I will read the responses in the morning. They told me the angle of my tire sensor was wrong for the new wheels. I saw the sensor and the valve stem is attached. I guess the other sensors have the stem attached at a different angle. How can I attach the sensor in the center of the wheel with the stem attached. I looked at some pics on google. Saw them attached to the center of the wheel with the straps but those sensors did not have the stem attached. Are they different? Can all sensors be attached with straps or do they need mounting slots for the strap to run through?

·
Registered
52 Posts
yes you mount the stem to the bracket and then strap it to the wheel.
This should only done by a good tire dealer. It is easy to brake the tps.
Dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts