Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2006 dc tundra and am considering getting the 2007, but can they really tow? if their is anyone who owned the same or earlier year model you know why i am asking. i can see the spec are their, but has anyone put it to the test personaly?

·
Registered
237 Posts

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
i have read a couple post where the 5 th Wheel guys were not very pleased with the 07 Tundras!! most saying they can't get hitches for them and seems the longer bed models of older Tundras have been hooked up to use a 5 th wheel but clearances were questionable when cutting or backing close quarters??

·
Registered
764 Posts
The new Tudra bed is 23" tall and my Superduty is 19" tall. Could that extra 4" in height cause issues? Most of our goosenecks have a telescoping adjustment on the hitch to accomodate different heights and also allow tailgate clearance in all but the worst situations.

The tailgate is so tall on the new Tundra I found I could not see a 20' flatbed bumper pull trailer over it. I could see the trailer over the Superduty tailgate so maybe that extra 4" is one of the concerns.

·
Registered
208 Posts
i have a 2006 dc tundra and am considering getting the 2007, but can they really tow? if their is anyone who owned the same or earlier year model you know why i am asking. i can see the spec are their, but has anyone put it to the test personaly?

Mine does. I moved up from the 2005. Huge difference. My question to you would be... Pull what? A 10,000 lb trailer? I wouldn't. My 6,200 lb travel trailer? Pulles it great. Way better than my 2005 did. I know my 07 is rated at 10,000 pounds towing capacity..... My 05 was rated at 6,700 lbs too but man did I ever feel like I was pushing my luck.

I have posted my first towing report here if you are interested. Mind you it's just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions :eek:

Bill

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
i have read a couple post where the 5 th Wheel guys were not very pleased with the 07 Tundras!! most saying they can't get hitches for them and seems the longer bed models of older Tundras have been hooked up to use a 5 th wheel but clearances were questionable when cutting or backing close quarters??
B&W finally has a part number for the 07's. It's number 1257. I've ordered mine, but they do not have a release date yet.

Yes, there was definetaly clearance problems with the older tundras. Mine was an 02 AC & i had 30" between ball & cab.....way too close.
My new 07 DC has 40" & the cab slopes forward more.
My dad's 96 cheve 2500 longbed has 48" i think it was.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the info. to explain why i am asking. i am about to be on my fourth set of rear drums beacause the are warrping every 3k. my transmission is being replaced monday for and intermitten slip and harsh down shift when comming to a stop. im not towing anything extreem, a boat which weighs less than 5k. i personaly dont think the problems with the truck are all related to me towing, the dealer thinks other wise. i do not plan to put and 5th wheel in the truck any time soon. i dont think the truck can pull it. do you have trailor brakes on your camper? toyota has always has a problem with brakes warrping because the calipers are too small. did they really address the problem this go round?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts