Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

This may or may not have been talked about. I know it has on the Sequoia. I have an 06 Tundra DC which will soon have the 18' standard Enkei wheels that comes with the X-SP package here in the southeast region for the 06 model Tundra. I am buying them thru the parts dept at my local Toyota dealer. The standard tire for that 18' wheel sold on the 06 Tundra with the X-SP package is a Michelin 275/55/18. My question is this: Can I go with a taller tire......like a 60......and not have any problems with rubbing or having my speedo recalibrated or any thing like that?

Thanks guys....

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
The wire will be wider, not taller.
Difference of 1.4% too slow. When doing 60mph, your speedometer will read 60.9mph.

Stock Tire - 275/55R18
Sidewall - 6.0 in
Radius - 15.0 in
Diameter - 29.9 in
Circumference - 94.0 in
Revs/mile: 674.0

New Tire - 285/55R18
Sidewall - 6.2 in
Radius - 15.2 in
Diameter - 30.3 in
Circumference - 95.3 in
Revs/mile: 665.0

The difference is not really that noticeable, not sure if you will have a rubbing issue. You should be ok since the overall size is not really increasing that much. If anything, full turns on left/right might give a small rub.

·
Forum Admin
8,277 Posts
Hi all,
My question is this: Can I go with a taller tire......like a 285......and not have any problems with rubbing or having my speedo recalibrated or any thing like that?
check out BFG's website, BFGoodrich Tires

They have a nice interactive flash player where you can enter in your old tire size and new tire size and see the differences in:
  • ground clearance
  • acceleration
  • highway performace
  • speedometer
It's a nice webby feature.:tu:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts