Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased brand new tires, mounted and balanced.

Also, the same day had the truck aligned.

Several months ago, I did the steering rack bushing install.

I was given the alignment printout and everything was good.

The very next morning, while driving to work, the truck was pulling again. My guess is that the rear shocks are causing instability in the steering. I know they are worn and need replacement.

My question is, can worn-out rear shocks cause the truck to pull?

PS. as far as I know, everything else in the front end is fine.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
swap the front tires , it the pull goes the other way its the tires.... make sure you pressures are good to.. 5 pounds of pressure difference can cause a pull..

·
Registered
117 Posts
Worn rear shocks will not cause a pull. Switch the two front wheels as Masterdiagnostech suggested. From your avatar photo, it looks like you might have aftermarket wheels. I've seen them cause a pull to one side even with different tires installed.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Worn rear shocks will not cause a pull. Switch the two front wheels as Masterdiagnostech suggested. From your avatar photo, it looks like you might have aftermarket wheels. I've seen them cause a pull to one side even with different tires installed.
Well, the truck never used to pull, even with the rims. The tires I just purchased are the 3rd set for these rims.. the first set lasted 4 years, normal wear. The 2nd set lasted about 2 years with horrible wear and pulled hard. The 3rd set are wayy better than the 2nd but still pulls. even when I had the wheels rotated it still pulls.. I feel like there is something wrong either with the rims or the front end. I have taken it back to the shop 4 times with no progress thus far.

Any advice? I would put the stock wheels on but I sold them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts