Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend that's interested in a new truck, maybe a Tundra. He ask me if dealers put lift kits on new trucks before they are sold. I actually hadn't thought about it. So I replied....:beatsme:

To be clear, he's interested in a new truck already lifted so he just buys it and pulls away.

Does anyone know? We are on the east coast, Virginia actually, so if they do, any dealers on this side of the country would be a great place to start.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not sure on the East Coast, but I assume it would be the same as it is on the West Coast and they have them here. The dealership sends them out to get the lift so I guess it would be up to the dealership to get it done. Probably would depend on the demand for them in your area. But they are brand new trucks that are lifted.

·
Registered
140 Posts
They will do anything to sell a vehicle at the right price. Should not be a problem

·
Registered
75 Posts
The dealership by my house has a lifted crew max, totally blacked out. It has leather seats, nav and a nitrous boost system. the sticker on it was $75,000 (they didn't accept an offer of ($70,000). So it is possible but the dealers will over price the truck dramatically.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The dealership by my house has a lifted crew max, totally blacked out. It has leather seats, nav and a nitrous boost system. the sticker on it was $75,000 (they didn't accept an offer of ($70,000). So it is possible but the dealers will over price the truck dramatically.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I've seen many lifted Tundras and Tacomas on dealer lots in San Diego. They are highly overpriced tho. I've seen a few up close with 5 grand worth of lift/tires/wheels and they added 7 to 8K to the sticker!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am a sales guy at Nalley Toyota of Roswell in Roswell, Georgia. We sell lifted tundra's here, and I bought mine and had it done here at the dealership so everything is covered under factory warranty.

Anyone who wants a great deal on any truck, just let me know. We usually beat everyone else's prices. And, if you tell me you're from Tundra Solutions I will definitely take care of you. I learned so much about these trucks from this site.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If a salesman tells you that the parts used in the lift are covered under the Toyota factory warranty (either B2B or Powertrain) he is FOS. Dealers will cover warranty repairs on lifts that they install, but will not cover lifts installed by other dealers. There is no incentive for them as Toyota will not cover the cost of the repair for non-factory items.

Even for TRD items Toyota expressly forbids the installation before sale. Why? It's because if it is installed prior to sale (Supercharger anyone) it can be covered under the Toyota Extended Warranty.

Priority Toyota in Chesapeake VA does lifts, and I have purchased three vehicles from them. They seem honest and care for the customer. YMMV.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Short answer is YES.

Would I buy? NO

The dealer with mark that sum***** up higher than your lift!

Tell your friend to take my advice and do this after buying the vehicle....unless money is no object to him.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If a salesman tells you that the parts used in the lift are covered under the Toyota factory warranty (either B2B or Powertrain) he is FOS. Dealers will cover warranty repairs on lifts that they install, but will not cover lifts installed by other dealers. There is no incentive for them as Toyota will not cover the cost of the repair for non-factory items..
You are correct. However if anything goes wrong with it, it is at least covered, although you will have to take it to the original dealership that provided installation.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Short answer is YES.

Would I buy? NO

The dealer with mark that sum***** up higher than your lift!

Tell your friend to take my advice and do this after buying the vehicle....unless money is no object to him.
They will definitely have a giant mark up on the MSRP, but because of that you can negotiate a much bigger discount and actually not end up paying much more than you would have otherwise.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts