Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cluster displays w/ an orangish glow, but Ive seen pictures of a more bluish/aqua glow. Is there any way to change that? Also, keep in mind I dont have the info display thing if thats needed.

·
Registered
528 Posts
The Limited models come with Optitron guages...they have a white/Blue hue to them.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
10-4, good to know.

·
Registered
65 Posts
07Sport, There is a tread on the board for the previous generation Tundra where someone details the process of changing out the LED's in the instrument cluster circuit board. It doesn't look like all that complicated surgery, but I don't have any experience soldering on circuit boards and am not likely to try it. Also that thread dealt with the previous model and I don't know what changes have been made to the current instrument cluster. Good luck!

·
Registered
199 Posts
yeah, most people had it done because the cluster's orange just directly irritates the eyes, that's why I did it on my tacoma in the first place.

also some had it done with full blue because they want it to match with their aftermarket stereo head unit

Those white face gauges are pretty sweet.

·
Registered
83 Posts
yeah, most people had it done because the cluster's orange just directly irritates the eyes, that's why I did it on my tacoma in the first place.

Jotaro,
Can you tell us how you did the color change on the '07 Tundra? Was it the same process you used on your Tacoma? If so, can we pay you to perform that work on our circuit boards or whatever is needed?
Thanks.
PA 4WD

·
Banned
281 Posts
I'm getting ready to do multicolor LED's on mine for the hell of it. I think it would be cool to have the ability to switch to different colors...autocycle...etc.

I will have to do a little more work with the circuit but should be a piece of cake. Looking at RGB(red, green, blue) LED setup. Should be able to create any color then.

I'll post when it's done. SWEET!!!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Could you swap out the standard guage cluster wih an Optitron cluster with no mods??

·
Registered
150 Posts
Did you just replace the bulbs in the cluster? My 98 tacoma had bulbs that I replaced them with leds. Work fine and I would really like mine to look like yours.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts