Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little history:

2004 Sequoia 2wd 52,000 miles

A couple weeks ago I brought the Sequoia in to Toyota to check on a locking issue, where the locks will unlock with the FOB normally but then quickly lock up again. Toyota found that the drivers window/locking switch was faulty. They replaced it under our extended warranty. Now the alarm is malfunctioning. It seems it is engaging regardless if the doors are locked (normal) or unlocked (abnormal). If any unlocked door, other than the driver's, is opened after 30-60 seconds of the driver's door being shut the alarm will sound. I brought it back and they ended up keeping it there for 3 days replacing a jammed lock cylinder and then the window/lock switch on the passenger side. They said it was fixed. Low and behold the alarm did the same thing again yesterday and today.

Is there a fuse or relay I can pull to disable just the alarm function until I can find more time to let Toyota figure this out? I need to make sure I can leave it with them for multiple days, since that's what seems to happen whenever I need parts for it.

It's really frustrating when you're getting gas and one of the kids opens the door to ask a question and the alarm goes off. Or when you're unpacking groceries, or getting something out of the passenger seat later on.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Your local car audio shop can disconnect it for you...but one of the audio guys may chime in as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts