Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just my personal preference. I don't know that I like the Limited chrome side mirrors, rear bumper, and door handles. Can you get the black versions installed at the Factory? Or is there an option to change them out afterwards? My truck will be black so I'm going for a blacked out look.

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
I wish...this is the exact deal-breaker on getting a limited. The only Chrome I want is on the bumpers...I want metal, not resin, bumpers...all thye rest of the chrome looks tacky to me.

I almost want to vomit when I see those guys who do the chrome door edging, chrome wheels, chrome fuel door, extra Chrome badging , chrome antenna, chrome windshield wipers, chrome bedliner...the list goes on

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I dislike the chrome also. When did chrome become the fancy accent anyway? Did I miss something? Here in the Gulf States region, they have a Texas Edition where they dump the alloy wheels and put on big shiny chrome ones! :td:

What's next for the Limited? Spinners?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't the door handles, and the mirrors be replaced though? I thought I read some where that the chrome on the mirrors is just a cap. I wonder if they would be availble through parts.

side note: I heard there are 30 inch spinners now. LOL!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I wish...this is the exact deal-breaker on getting a limited. The only Chrome I want is on the bumpers...I want metal, not resin, bumpers...all thye rest of the chrome looks tacky to me.

I almost want to vomit when I see those guys who do the chrome door edging, chrome wheels, chrome fuel door, extra Chrome badging , chrome antenna, chrome windshield wipers, chrome bedliner...the list goes on
Bingo. Couldn't agree more!

I had a 2000 Tundra with the chrome bumpers - Loved it! I now have a 2005 Tundra with the plastic front bumper. I HATE it. Its a real pain to remove bugs and rock chips occur easily.

·
Registered
61 Posts

Agreed... looks like the local auto parts store was cleaned out of the chrome tape isle.

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
Can't the door handles, and the mirrors be replaced though? I thought I read some where that the chrome on the mirrors is just a cap. I wonder if they would be availble through parts.

side note: I heard there are 30 inch spinners now. LOL!!

YOu can probably have the dealership order and install the tow mirrors and SR5 handles. They have to be a 1 for 1 swap. I just didn't think about it when I ordered...and I don't like leather:D

·
Registered
87 Posts
I coulda got a chrome beadliner!!?? I agree with the toooo much chrome. My '06 'Runner Limited is almost perfect in that respect ... very little chrome. Now ... I think that a good body shop could scuff, prep and paint these parts. Waddaya think?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I might try GGwoodys idea. The Tows arn't bad.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm waiting on a quote from Chrome Masters in PA to find out what it will cost to have all my chrome redone in Black chrome. I know it will cost an a$$ load but definitely unique and would look amazing on my black DC.

·
Registered
67 Posts
How bout rechroming it black did anybody see this done and have a pic.I heard you could chrome it black but dont know for how much and how it looks.Very curiose how it looks.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
If anybody finds out the part number or a way to get the chrome mirror caps, let me know. I need them... :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
07, that goes back to something I wrote earlier. Are the limited mirrors really just black with the chrome cap? If so I'd give you mine for free. Assuming they come off easy and leave a clean finish underneath.

·
Registered
352 Posts
You guys are kidding right? All this complaining/deal breakers over two chrome door handles and two chrome mirror caps on the limited??????

Jim

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
You guys are kidding right? All this complaining/deal breakers over two chrome door handles and two chrome mirror caps on the limited??????

Jim
Yeah, it looks like $h!t, and it's my truck, my money, my opinion, my decision.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
07, that goes back to something I wrote earlier. Are the limited mirrors really just black with the chrome cap? If so I'd give you mine for free. Assuming they come off easy and leave a clean finish underneath.

Im almost certain they are just caps. Similar to the obs GMC mirrors. If they are like them, they just stuck on with double sided tape. Be about the same as debadging. Just work them off w/ fishing line, clean it up w/ goo gone. We dont have a limited on the local lot or Id go check. I need some to color match.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I coulda got a chrome beadliner!!?? I agree with the toooo much chrome. My '06 'Runner Limited is almost perfect in that respect ... very little chrome. Now ... I think that a good body shop could scuff, prep and paint these parts. Waddaya think?
I think you should get one. If anyone should get a chrome bedliner then it's got to be a Harley guy :D

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Going by looks alone, look at these 2 pictures... courtesy of myself, and mr mxsjw

Limited...

Base...

Looks to me like they just stick on over the stock black mirrors.

And sergtech, if you decide to take yours off, Ill for sure take them. Just let me know. :tu:

·
Registered
137 Posts
GIVE ME MORE CHROME I LOVE IT! to each his own I guess..I see someone already asked this but by chance does anyone know the part # for the chrome door handles and the mirror covers?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts