Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally decided to go from a 2006 Tacoma to a Tundra DC and am wondering about what ratios are available on the Canadian trucks.

The Tundras in Canada all come with the tow package, so does anyone know if the rear diff ratios are all 4.10 ? or is the 4.6 geared lower? The online specs from the Toyota website doesn't mention it.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
The 4.6 with a tow package is listed as 4.10:1. The 5.7 with a tow package is 4.30:1.
The 4.6 without the tow package is listed as 3.90:1.
This comes from the Toyota website under Tundra and the Specifications tab.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was the Canadian website that I was referring to. just wanted to confirm they would be the same ratios as the US tundras.

I was wavering on which engine to get but think I will go for the 5.7 L. My wife just bought a Rav 4 with the 3.5 V6 and the extra power is real nice even if we don't really need it.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
It was the Canadian website that I was referring to. just wanted to confirm they would be the same ratios as the US tundras.

I was wavering on which engine to get but think I will go for the 5.7 L. My wife just bought a Rav 4 with the 3.5 V6 and the extra power is real nice even if we don't really need it.
I believe that they are all the same ratios. The Canada trucks come from San Antonio also as far as I know.
You won't regret the 5.7 choice. The mileage is about the same as the 4.6 and the performance in MUCH better.:tu:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts