Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot lock or unlock my 2007 Tundra Double Cab Limited. It was working fine and no signs of any issues, locked my truck with key fob like normal and when I went out to unlock it, nothing. Couldn’t get in and had to call a tow truck. I tried to use the key and that wouldn’t work either. They opened it and it started fine but now I cannot lock or unlock my truck. I tried to change the batteries with no luck. My son lost the spare key and key fob and that’s the only one I have. I looked at other threads, but none that I saw with the same issue. I bought a door latch lock actuator motor from amazon and was going to change it. Thought I would check to see if it could be some thing else first. Please help!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Do you have the Toyota RS3000 alarm system? A new fob can be programmed easiest with that system. Do you have the black original key? I have a 2002 without the RS3000 system and never could get it to go into program mode to add a new fob. Many posts on here about "fob programming".
Check You Tube about adding a key fob. There is a series of lock-unlock-turn key-remove key procedures to accomplish the task. First I would make sure that the fob contacts are clean. A little rubbing alcohol on a q-tip can help.
Does anything happen when you use the fob? lights, beeps?
I hope that it will reprogram for you. Chap

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m not sure what alarm, I’m the original owner. I heard if the truck was locked with a key fob, you cannot open the truck with a key. Not sure if it’s true, but I’m going to buy a new key fob and keep my fingers crossed. Thanks for you input!

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
I have a 2012 and although I dont bother using my keys very often to actually lock the truck it doesnt matter what I do with the fob, the keys unlock the truck. One clockwise turn unlocks drivers door, turn a second time and all doors unlock. Turn counter clockwise and all 4 doors lock. No way a bad fob should have anything to do with your keys physically turning the lock. Do you mean the keys just wont turn in the lock?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 2012 and although I dont bother using my keys very often to actually lock the truck it doesnt matter what I do with the fob, the keys unlock the truck. One clockwise turn unlocks drivers door, turn a second time and all doors unlock. Turn counter clockwise and all 4 doors lock. No way a bad fob should have anything to do with your keys physically turning the lock. Do you mean the keys just wont turn in the lock?
Yeah, doesn’t turn at all and fob doesn’t respond as well.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
When was the last time you ever used your key to unlock your door? Could be just full of dirt and maybe a shot of lube will free it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts