Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Genius
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THIS POST HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH PART NUMBERS THAT WERE PROVIDED IN GREEN BELOW
STILL NEED THE ITEMS SHOWN IN RED

I want to purchase the following accessories and have tried about a dozen of the most popular websites, then I called a number of dealers. The trouble is that most websites do not have all the parts available online yet, and most dealers are having trouble finding the correct part numbers. When they do find a part number in their systems the description is usually so vague that we aren't sure if it is the correct part or not.

My vehicle is a 2007 Tundra DoubleCab Limited 5.7L V8 4x4. Can someone help by providing the official Toyota part numbers?

1. Brushed Stainless Step Board Kit (the oval type with black caps on each end and a black step for each door, not the bright chrome or black tubes)
    SOLVED: PT212-3407C, dealer cost $370, MSRP $559
  2. Spare Tire Lock
    SOLVED: PT276-34070, dealer cost $28, MSRP $46
  3. Sport Pedal Kit
    SOLVED: PTS22-34070, dealer cost $40, MSRP $65
  4. Exhaust Tip Kit
    SOLVED: PTS18-34070, dealer cost $40, MSRP $65
  5. Hood Protector
    PARTIALLY SOLVED: PT427-34070, dealer cost $TBD, MSRP $TBD
  6. Ventshade Kit
    (do not want in-channel since I had these before and they can make the windows stick or hard to close, I want the kind which tapes onto the outside door edge)
  7. Alloy Wheel Locks
    SOLVED: PT276-60984, dealer cost $39, MSRP $65
  8. Glass Break Sensor
    SOLVED: 08586-0C890, dealer cost $89, MSRP $179
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Super Genius
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I requested a running board swap I gave the Internet Sales Shark model # PT212-3407D - I got the correct ones :tu: :tu: .
Thanks. I have seen that web site (tundrapartsstore.com) before but I was reluctant to order from them because the web site performance is so slow, almost like an amateur set it up as a false front based in Russia. ;) Has anyone here actually purchased from them?

Also, they don't have some of the things on my list and I was hoping to order it all from one place to save on shipping.

The correct step part number for my DoubleCab appears to be PT212-3407C according to their web site, looks like the D model is for CrewMax.

They do list the wheel locks but the description doesn't specify if they are for alloy or steel.

They also list a glass break sensor but it appears to come with the RS3200 alarm which I already have, so I just need the sensor by itself. It is so irritating that Toyota didn't include the sensor with the truck - especially on the Limited 4x4 which is just about the best truck they sell, and mine was fully loaded.

·
Registered
17 Posts
[
My vehicle is a 2007 Tundra DoubleCab Limited 5.7L V8 4x4. Can someone help by providing the official Toyota part numbers?
Any help would be appreciated.[/quote]

Has anyone seen the tow mirrors??? Can they be switched out with the Limited mirrors???
Camper1333

·
Super Genius
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Part Numbers for what?
After submitting my post I was provided with most of the part numbers that I needed, so I edited my original post above. The only data I still need is the info on the Ventshade Kit and the cost data on the Hood Protector.

·
Super Genius
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got my pedals from Genuine Toyota Parts and Accessories wholesale to the public. , they had the exhaust tip also, but I didnt look at the other things.
Good tip. :tu: :tu:

After I confirmed the part numbers I did a lot of comparison shopping at many, many websites. TRDparts4u.com had the lowest prices and fortunately they had everything I needed except the factory hood protector which isn't out yet, and the ventshade deflectors which they didn't seem to carry for some reason.

I decided not to get the factory hood protector until I can see some pictures of it, and if it is only partial coverage like I have heard then I will go with another model anyway. I also decided to wait on the ventshades since I want them to be the kind which tape on the outside of the window frame. I have used the in-channel kind before but they made the window hard to close and it tended to stick some times, plus if you add tint later the fit gets even tighter and the top edge of the tint can get scratched up.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Here is another tip for you. I directed my local dealer to these websites, they matched or beat every one of the prices. I paid tax, but not shipping (evens it out). The parts come out of the "port", and I had them in a day. Nice and easy, and I establish a good relationship with my local guys.:D :tu:

·
Super Genius
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is another tip for you. I directed my local dealer to these websites, they matched or beat every one of the prices. I paid tax, but not shipping (evens it out). The parts come out of the "port", and I had them in a day. Nice and easy, and I establish a good relationship with my local guys.:D :tu:
I tried that with my local dealer and they laughed. Said they always sell parts at MSRP and they don't mind if I decide to shop elsewhere. Funny thing is that they are always the lowest price on the new vehicles. Guess they have to make up for it somewhere.

It's also interesting at this dealer that when haggling for a better price on a vehicle the sales guys do not have the authority to throw parts or accessories into the deal. If they agree to do that then the sales manager has to pay the parts department for the parts, so the sales guys avoid it and just give you more money off the vehicle price if you press them. In fact there have been times when I offered to buy the accessories if they would just sell them to me at dealer cost but the parts department said no because they take the hit on the profit numbers.

They did this on my 07 Tundra. Their best price was $500 above what I was willing to pay and I wouldn't budge so they let me walk out. The next time we talked they came down $200 more and I agreed to come up the remaining $300 but only if they would throw in a $300 accessory. They said it wasn't worth the hassle of dealing with the parts department so they just gave me a better price.

I never understood why more dealers don't deal on the parts, at least as part of a new car deal, since they can offer you a decent discount and still make a fair profit, plus it will increase your satisfaction a bunch and save you a lot of time and hassle from buying elsewhere. If they offered me a good discount on accessories then I would visit more often and would most likely have some routine service items taken care of while I was there. Plus I would be tempted to browse around the lot and look at the new stuff. Seems like it would be worth it to me.

Then there was the odd time that I was haggling for a lot of accessories on our new RAV4. At one point we thought we had a deal and the sales guy went up and got all the stuff from the parts department and put it in the back of the vehicle. Then our deal fell through and we kept negotiating and eventually settled on no accessories but a much better price. We took delivery of the vehicle and when we got home we were surprised to find all the parts still in the back. Being honest, we called the dealer and offered to bring the stuff back but the sales manager said "Do you need that stuff? If so then just keep it as an extra thank you from us." Wow - we had like $700 worth of stuff back there so needless to say we were thrilled. Wish this had happened with the Tundra - a lot of stuff would fit in the bed... ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts