Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had SIRIUS conected to my oe 2009 Tundra radio via the TOY-SC1 and SCC1 SIRIUS adaptors ... and could access channels thru the AUX/SAT button.

I've been going nuts trying to add my SIRIUS subscription to the oe 2010 Tundra radio. Everything pluged right in just like it did on the 2009 radio. The new radio has no AUX/SAT button but can access satalite via a XM band.
When connected to the adaptors, the 2010 radio only shows "check antenna" when selecting XM.
After several phone calls to SIRIUS and Audiovox (the company that makes the TOY-SC1 adaptor), it seems that this radio will only work with XM and not SIRIUS.

They tell me that my options are:
a) use a seperate docking station type tuner
b) switch my subscription to XM

Problem is that I have to have my NFL Network. XM makes you pay a premium for it while it is included with SIRIUS. The docking station is ugly and hard to tune with those tiny buttons.

Anyone else have this radio and figure out how to add SIRIUS without the additional docking station?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wanted to use the set up you have in the 2009. I was told that setup wouldn't work on the 2010. So I was using the Sirius in the Aux. plug. Got tired of wires & docks - called XM - got a best of Sirius subscription. Cost a lot, but has better reception & more user friendly. I'm banking a solution is made in the future so I could save on subscription fees.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts