Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the left side without any problems, but the right side is stuck. Never had a problem with it before. It will slide fore/aft, tilt up, but will not release to remove.

Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
191 Posts
try grabbing the other black handle - one is for slide & the other is release if I remember correctly.

If I am wrong then look to see if something is in the way jamming it frim releasing, or the release cable is shot

·
Registered
166 Posts
Most likely something is jammed inside the latch (ex. coin, toy, gunk) that keeps the latch from releasing. You'll need a bit more grunt power to get it out. In my case, it took two people to get a stuck seat released. Turned out to be a small plastic toy that got into the front latch.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Most likely something is jammed inside the latch (ex. coin, toy, gunk) that keeps the latch from releasing. You'll need a bit more grunt power to get it out. In my case, it took two people to get a stuck seat released. Turned out to be a small plastic toy that got into the front latch.

Hope this helps.
Sounds like, with a 2 1/2 y.o., that we might have the same problem. I'm just worried about screwing up the seat if we use too much brute force.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That same seat is stuck in my '02. The latch won't release from the lower left hook. I tried using a crowbar, but I need another set of hands. I'm pretty sure the release cable is shot. How do you go about replacing this? Or, do I need to buy a new seat?

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Slide the seat forward and look at the inside of the track near the back latch for a "C" shaped metal tab (it may have a cable attached).
I've had trouble removing the right side seat in my 2004 and have found this tab was not as high as the one on the left seat.
I lifted it using a needle nose plyers, slid the seat back, lifted handles #2 & 3, and the rear latch released.
I've also notice that the plastic covering is scuffed and expect it may have been dropped by the first owners.

Since your left side seat releases without any problems, slide both forward and compare the hardware on the tracks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Andy is right on the $$$$. I have an '04 and have the exact same problem. I thought it was me. The left side comes out easily, but the right side is a BI*CH. I had it out 2 weeks ago...took over 15 minutes.

Sometimes it releases right away, others it takes some time. I've come close to beating it out - keep working it & get those needle nose plyers out & you shouldn't have too many problems.

It's frustrating, but that is literally my only design complaint, after nearly 3 years.

Tom

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can't get the right rear seat out of my '06. No matter what i try I can't get it loose. I got the right latch (far outboard, passenger's side) loose, but the left won't budge. Thank God I got it back in. But I can't get that seat out. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have to say I've never had any issues removing them. They can be a little tricky but once you do it a few times it gets easier.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had to have the dealer remove the seat after it wouldn't come out and the lock mechanism to keep the seat in place on the slides stopped working. Now the left one won't go back in. The spring loaded levers near the front feet are locked in the "out" position. I took apart most of the plastic shielding underneath and compared to the seat that does still work, but couldn't see much if any differences. How does one check to see if the cable release mechanism works? Seems like I read somewhere that when released improperly these spring loaded levers can really snap back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Slide the seat forward and look at the inside of the track near the back latch for a "C" shaped metal tab (it may have a cable attached).
I've had trouble removing the right side seat in my 2004 and have found this tab was not as high as the one on the left seat.
I lifted it using a needle nose plyers, slid the seat back, lifted handles #2 & 3, and the rear latch released.
I've also notice that the plastic covering is scuffed and expect it may have been dropped by the first owners.

Since your left side seat releases without any problems, slide both forward and compare the hardware on the tracks.
This was right on the money for my issue! I’ve been working the seat for months to no avail... then it released with about 10 seconds of effort based on Andy’s science. Thanks, guys!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I can't get the right rear seat out of my '06. No matter what i try I can't get it loose. I got the right latch (far outboard, passenger's side) loose, but the left won't budge. Thank God I got it back in. But I can't get that seat out. Any other suggestions?
Take a flat head and see if you can pry the release/lock at the same time you pull up on the release lever. I had to do this a couple times to get mine out and since have cleaned them and added a little silicone lubricant to the seat and haven't had any problems sense. Might be a 2 person job. I was able to get one off the u bolt then the other, just take your time and it should come loose.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts