Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Toyota Sequoia. One day last year it was warm and I left the sunroof open. Woke up to find that it had snowed. (My great luck) I cleaned the ice and snow from the sunroof tracks as gently as I could. Sunroof would close to about the middle then retract again. Kept cleaning until the sunroof would close almost all the way but then would again retract. Finally manually forced it closed. (as gently as possible as she is my baby) took it to a specialty shop who told me there was something wrong with one of the cables and I would need to have both of them replaced. At $275 a piece plus $800 labor. Well, he must not have known we were in the middle of a recession. I miss my sunroof dearly but also live in reality and can't afford to get it fixed at this cost. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Bummer! I had that happen to my subaru, but it was due to the factory sound deadener getting stuck to the glass. That price you mentioned does sound a bit steep!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sounds a little pricey .Try and go to a couple of sunroof installers and see if you cant get a better price . I know at least in my area some Car Stereo installers do sunroofs . Or maybe you can find someone ( Toy Mechanic ) to BlueMoon your work for you . I would imagine it's going to require the inside headliner to be pulled down to get to it . Good Luck .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts