Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Probably a lift kit. Look in the 1 gen Tundra forum for the thread about fitting 26s on a Tundra and there is a link to a Cardomain member with 26s on a Sequoia.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You can probably fit them in .....you might have to take out the rear seats and fold down the middle seat

·
Registered
455 Posts
You can probably fit them in .....you might have to take out the rear seats and fold down the middle seat
haha!!!
Thats funny!!

I think he means can he put them on rather than fit them in.

Question is, WHY would you want 27s?!?!?

However, I do not think they are able to be installed with-out a major lift.
You will have a lot of rubbing and the ride will be horrible!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here are some pics of a Sequoia on 27s...

·
Registered
14 Posts
This one is a little better quality...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just my opinion, but those don't look like 27s. 27" rims are ridiculously big, and those aren't ridiculously big. My guess is 24s max.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have 305/40-22 so the diameter works out to 31.6". If you can find a tire with 31.6 - 27 = 4.6 / 2 = 2.3" sidewall height maximum and the wheel with the proper offset, you should be able to make it fit. I don't know what kind of tire selection you have for 27" wheels.

Alex

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have 305/40-22 so the diameter works out to 31.6". If you can find a tire with 31.6 - 27 = 4.6 / 2 = 2.3" sidewall height maximum and the wheel with the proper offset, you should be able to make it fit. I don't know what kind of tire selection you have for 27" wheels.

Alex
My tires are 275-45-22. That's 31.74", however my width is over an inch smaller than yours: 10.82" as opposed to your 12"

I had to put spacers on to get some distance from the arm, and experience very light rubbing on full turns. I would imagine running the 305-40-22 would require either a lift, a spacer or some body trimming. What did you do?

As far as fitting 27s, you would definetly have to do something drastic to your vehicle. The only size that I am aware of to be available for the 27s is the 305-30-27, which means the total wheel height would be 34.2 inches. Thats amlost three inches bigger than the regular wheel well.

Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
haha!!!

Question is, WHY would you want 27s?!?!?
Let's see . . . worse ride, harder to get in and out of, harder to park, worse gas mileage, bent rims, tire wear quickly, rim cost, tires cost more every time you buy them (the gift that keeps on giving), the thrill of hydroplaning if you happen to get caught in the rain, and, best of all, that great feeling that if you're even considering these rims, you are pimping the wrong kind of car.

I forget. Is it spelled poser or poseur?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Let's see . . . worse ride, harder to get in and out of, harder to park, worse gas mileage, bent rims, tire wear quickly, rim cost, tires cost more every time you buy them (the gift that keeps on giving), the thrill of hydroplaning if you happen to get caught in the rain, and, best of all, that great feeling that if you're even considering these rims, you are pimping the wrong kind of car.

lol.......:tu: to that. It's your money, do with it what you want but any rims larger than 18" are :td: IMO.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
ghettofabolous. :) to each his own. :tu: :tu:

·
Registered
14 Posts

All of the things you mention are valid points based on practicality of the modification. Surely a house mom with a couple of kids, would not "need" any of the bling. However, a person who puts 27s on his/her car... especially a Sequoia... would probably not do so to their primary vehicle. Everyone has hobbies, and as long as they are busy in their garage, they arent busy selling dope to little kids.

I personally have 22s on my Sequoia in the summer, and drop it down to 16s in the winter time. I think the 22s are a more natural look for it... at least the car doesnt look like its riding on wheels better suited for a Camry.

Once again, just my $0.02

·
Registered
44 Posts
My tires are 275-45-22. That's 31.74", however my width is over an inch smaller than yours: 10.82" as opposed to your 12"

I had to put spacers on to get some distance from the arm, and experience very light rubbing on full turns. I would imagine running the 305-40-22 would require either a lift, a spacer or some body trimming. What did you do?

As far as fitting 27s, you would definetly have to do something drastic to your vehicle. The only size that I am aware of to be available for the 27s is the 305-30-27, which means the total wheel height would be 34.2 inches. Thats amlost three inches bigger than the regular wheel well.

Just my $0.02.
I used a pair of adaptors up front. I think if I had the same wheels, but with the correct offset, it would fit without rubbing.

Alex

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here are some pics of a Sequoia on 27s...
Wow, that is one of the most visually offensive vehicles I've ever seen. I think anything bigger than 20's exponentially reduces the usefulness of the vehicle, with 27's hitting the scale at "completely useless". Even for show, it just looks cartoonish. But it's your ride, your money to burn.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yo I Think im going to aim for sum 24 or 22 cuz with the comments i read it look like is not a good idea to get 27 for daily use and good lookin out for everyone help

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Since we are on the subject of large rims...thought I'd mention a trend going on here at Pearl Harbor. Last week I saw a couple of what looked to be like Monte Carlo's with these god-awful large wheels, 27's I think. These cars were lifted way up! The ugliest thing I ever saw in my life. I need to bring my camera to work and snap a few pics of these things. Thugmobiles. LoL.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The 27" wheels in that pic are lexani johnsons which are a 22" wheel with a 27" face. They ride like a 22" wheel since they are rolling on a 305/40/22.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts