Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new Car and Driver came in the mail today....I'm thinking of canceling my subscription. To make a long story short, they tested the new crew-cab trucks on the market. Below is the final results:

1. Chevrolet Silverado
2. Nissan Titan
3. Toyota Tundra
4. Dodge Ram
5. Ford F-150

If anyone wants any specifics, give me a yell. The Tundra kicked every trucks arse when it came to power. Alot of points taken off for comfort and that type of things. Sorry to be so vague, but I just wanted to see if anyone else saw this.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I saw that too...kinda pissed me off. They tested the trucks on and off-road. The contractors seemed to have liked the Tundra, also it kicked the crap out of every truck there. And if i wasnt mistaken....20 inch wheels on street tires do not qualify as a work truck package.

·
Registered
612 Posts
That's why they don't call the magazine "Truck and Driver".

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bottom line...if your want a princess like ride, then go with the Chevy. If you want a truck that will haul your house and pass the other trucks while doing it then buy a Tundra...they actually gave pts if you had incentives to buy the truck. Hell, Tundra's don't need incentives!!!

·
No job too small.
2,206 Posts
I drove a late model Silverado and the seat was like a Barcalounger. :sleep: For me, real comfort comes from the silence of the Tundra's ride. After running saws, belt sanders, rotary hammers all day, and then climbing into my Tundra the luxury is in the quiet. The C&D article talked about the 07. Here's a thread on it that I found on that ;) side of the fence: http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/89568-car-driver-april-07tundra-finished-3rd-5/ I think other reviews have said it's still an extremely quiet ride. My 92 1-Ton doesn't have a rattle at 105K. Man, I love Toyotas.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I agree. It almost seems like the post the ratings just to satisfy the readers. On a positive note though, the 07 Tundra kicked the **** out of the big 3 when it comes to towing. That ought to make some domestic buyers a little timid

Ryan

·
Registered
154 Posts
The Tundra kicked butt on the powertrain dept, they lost points on styling and the price dept which we already knew. I can't believe on the "fun to drive" dept the tundra was ranked next to last.

I think those of you who currently own the new Tundra would object profusely. Id like your take on the "fun to drive " factor. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts