Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just purchased a used tundra transmission out of a wrecked tundra from a toyota wrecking yard. They had given me the vin# and stocking# of the trans for the truck it was removed out of on receipt. I had seen them remove it through the fence of the yard. They have claimed that it has 64k miles out of a 2001 tundra. This was yesturday, today I went on there website and had seen the same truck and stocking # with pics of the truck and odometer reading 120k.

I need to verify mileage of the truck before I give these guys a call. Thank you in advance.

Vin: 5TBRT34171S148835

Thank You

·
Admin from Hell
13,116 Posts
Hi,

Just purchased a used tundra transmission out of a wrecked tundra from a toyota wrecking yard. They had given me the vin# and stocking# of the trans for the truck it was removed out of on receipt. I had seen them remove it through the fence of the yard. They have claimed that it has 64k miles out of a 2001 tundra. This was yesturday, today I went on there website and had seen the same truck and stocking # with pics of the truck and odometer reading 120k.

I need to verify mileage of the truck before I give these guys a call. Thank you in advance.

Vin: 5TBRT34171S148835

Thank You
CARFAX® Vehicle History Reports™ - used car VIN check, auto history search, VIN number lookup

·
Premium Member
2,699 Posts
Why don't you just go to the place and tell them you want to look at the odomoter on
the truck they took it out of? You can mention to them your concern after you looked it up on their website.

John

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They were closed yesturday and today. Also they are located 2hrs away from me! Yes I will call them, but wanted to make sure the mileage on carfax show correct before I raise hell!

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,699 Posts
Okay, didn't realize they were so far away. Getting the carfax report will be a good idea
so that when you call them and inform them that on their own website the mileage was
almost twice as much as what they told you, you'll be able to fall back on the carfax report.
My guess is that they'll probably try to tell you that the information on the
website was inaccurate, especially if they know how far away you live. Good luck.

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts