Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really really Hate the stock cargo light is there any way I can make it brighter either buy adding like KC's or changing it out for a brighter more white bulb. what are my options I have a 04 AC tundy

·
Premium Member
6,873 Posts
I really really Hate the stock cargo light is there any way I can make it brighter either buy adding like KC's or changing it out for a brighter more white bulb. what are my options I have a 04 AC tundy
Remove the plastic covers and remove the metal plates from the plastic covers. After reinstalling the plastic covers, you'll notice a big difference.

·
Registered
428 Posts
You could replace the bulbs with led blubs. I replaced mine with a led cargo/brake light.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Remove the plastic covers and remove the metal plates from the plastic covers. After reinstalling the plastic covers, you'll notice a big difference.
This is really good advice for the interior map light, but I think he was referring to the cargo light. Unless there is some metal plate in the cargo lights as well, but I sure didn't see any when I changed out my cargo light bulbs for leds.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not the interior lighting i got led's for those. It looks better but its still not as bright as i would prefer. I need the bed cargo light brighter. do they not make a better cargo light bulb??? I do lots of hauling at night and i need more light than whats given buy the crappy stock light bulb...plus i have a black line-x bed liner and that might make a difference I dont know i need more feedback so i can start doing something thats cost effective.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I bought a led/third brake light off of e-bay. It is pretty bright for both the cargo and brake light.

I will agree on changing from the standard light to the led. I changed from the halogen to a led for my wife's car for the back-up light and it wasn't worth the money. However, I did switch out both of our license plates lights for the led and they look really good and give off some good light.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2004 has too many lights as it is!!!! Every once in a while, the passenger door didn't get completely closed and a few hours later, I was greeted with a dead battery on three separate occasions. The first time I went to the dealer thinking something was amiss since it was still under warranty. The dealer was really happy to see me since "there's nothing wrong, give me $90 but I'll split the difference." Since then the only light left "auto" is the main interior light above the mirror. I was pleased to see your note. It gave me a chance to rant. Tires on the road. Be safe. TL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts