Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to test drive a Tundra Crewmax SR5 4x4 today. After the test drive I bust out my carsdirect printout to see if they were willing to match the carsdirect price. The salesperson immediately goes into his sales pitch telling me that carsdirect orders a basic truck from the factory and then outfits it with aftermarket accessories to fit the customers liking. He used the Navigation option as an example saying there are no SR5's out there fitted with a Toyota Navigation unit, carsdirect gets a cheap navigation system and mounts it in the cab. Is this true? :confused:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I seriously doubt that, sounds like salesman talk. Carsdirect is a fleet dealer of sorts, they can sell you anything that is available in quantity from what I can tell (we bought our Sequoia through them and almost bought the Tundra).

Basically you spec out what you want, they try to find a close or exact match. When I priced the 07 Tundra through carsdirect they wanted about 1200 over invoice...I ended up getting it from my local dealer for 600 over.

The SR5 does come with Navigation, mine has it and there were plently of others in the region equiped the same way. I just picked the one with all the options I wanted that was on the ground ready for pick up. Another reason to think this guy is pulling your leg. I'd suggest finding another dealer or salesman...tell them exactly what you want and offer what you are comfortable with paying over invoice (check edmunds.com and brush up on your option codes).

One other tip...build your Tundra at toyota.com, the option packages are dead on with what I've seen on the dealer lots. Once you've picked the package (A, B, etc.) the accessories you see are things the dealer may add at the dealership.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I went through carsdirect as well. I put in the the truck that i wanted and the closest dealer called me the next day. He said i don't have the exact truck that you want but i can get you one in a couple of weeks. The internet discount was $2k under MSRP and they gave me that off the truck even though they had to do a dealer swap.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I didn't think it was true when he said it, but thought I should double check here to be sure. Needless to say, I won't be heading back to that dealership to give them my business.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts