Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Carve 20's installed

5K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  RON.300 
#1 ·
Just had a set of Carve 20" rims installed with 275/55 Michelin LTX M/S tires. They look great and the truck handles alot better but I have a few questions.

The dealer had 35psi in all four tires so I assume this is the factory recommended pressure but they did not change the sticker on the door jam to reflect this. The stock tires were 18" styled steel with 30psi/33psi F/R so why are my new tires inflated with the same pressure 35/35 front and rear?

I called the dealer to confim that 35/35 was the recommended pressure and they told me the recommended pressure was indicated on the tires but when I checked they only listed the MAX pressure.

Normally I run the factory recommended pressure but in this case I'm not sure what it is. I know some Tundra's come factory equipped with 20's so If you got one could you please check your door jam and post the info.

Thanks

#2 ·
Just had a set of Carve 20" rims installed with 275/55 Michelin LTX M/S tires. They look great and the truck handles alot better but I have a few questions.
R U Freaking kidding me?!!!:eek: You post something like this without pictures.:confused: You are about to receive a serious tongue lashing.:p

#3 ·
R U Freaking kidding me?!!!:eek: You post something like this without pictures.:confused: You are about to receive a serious tongue lashing.:p

I completely agree, there will be unrest until pics are posts....well....we're waiting....:mad: :D

#4 ·
Not answering any questions until we see pics......

#7 ·
Well, I didn't post pics cause we had a huge snowstorm yesterday and my truck is filthy but if you insist.

Here are some crappy pics of my dirty rims. I will post some better pics when I get a chance to wash the truck.

Attachments

#8 ·
nice wheels, although i like the look of the stockers...........
more important, i see a riding boot in the pic, nice. what do you ride?
yz250f here...............the tundra smiles when it carries the bikes!

#9 ·
nice wheels, although i like the look of the stockers...........
more important, i see a riding boot in the pic, nice. what do you ride?
yz250f here...............the tundra smiles when it carries the bikes!
YZ450F here, Wife has the YZ250F. I will get some good shots of them in the back next weekend at the Desert 100 race in Odessa, WA.

#10 ·
YZ450F here, Wife has the YZ250F. I will get some good shots of them in the back next weekend at the Desert 100 race in Odessa, WA.
nice, but now i feel like a girl, ha. my 250f is bored over, and used for tight hare scramble race conditions. i think i can ride it longer, and faster than a 450. ok, now i feel a little better.........ha

#11 ·

The dealer had 35psi in all four tires so I assume this is the factory recommended pressure but they did not change the sticker on the door jam to reflect this. The stock tires were 18" styled steel with 30psi/33psi F/R so why are my new tires inflated with the same pressure 35/35 front and rear?

I called the dealer to confim that 35/35 was the recommended pressure and they told me the recommended pressure was indicated on the tires but when I checked they only listed the MAX pressure.

Normally I run the factory recommended pressure but in this case I'm not sure what it is. I know some Tundra's come factory equipped with 20's so If you got one could you please check your door jam and post the info.

Thanks
Here you go, this is the sticker that came with my carved wheels.

Attachments

#12 ·
nice, but now i feel like a girl, ha. my 250f is bored over, and used for tight hare scramble race conditions. i think i can ride it longer, and faster than a 450. ok, now i feel a little better.........ha
The 250 was mine before it was her's. I found a great deal on the 450 and needed the power to keep up with my buddies. I did like how agile the 250 was, but I am getting just as good at throwin around that 450.

#13 ·
Looks really nice. Unless some aftermarket companies start steppin it up, I think ill go with those also. Did you get them from your local dealer and if so, how much did they run?

#14 ·
Well, I didn't post pics cause we had a huge snowstorm yesterday and my truck is filthy but if you insist.

Here are some crappy pics of my dirty rims. I will post some better pics when I get a chance to wash the truck.
DIRTY!!?? You call that dirty? I'd stick with the 35 PSI and bump the rears up when haulin'. Just my opinion. Nice wheels.

#15 ·
very nice tire wheel combo for the road, what colour is your tundra? looks cool.

#16 ·
93cruiser
It's a heavily modified KDX 225 (see pic). Factory connection suspension, bored and ported by E. Gorr, plated cylinder by US Chrome, R&B modified air stryker carb. Delta force 3 reedcage, FMF exhaust, W.E.R. damper, Excel rims.......

mainliner
Thanks, wonder why the dealer used 35psi? Oh well, I think I'll stick with 35 for now.

07Sport
I got everything from the dealer except the tires. They wanted $280.00 each, I laughed. Got them at tire rack for $210.00. I attached a pic of the cost breakdown. The best part of all, the wife didn't even notice! :D

Sandcruiser
Slate Metallic

Next on the list is a tonneu cover, then some fog lights, then an in-dash NAV system, then..........Wait a second, you guys don't think I have some sort of "modding" problem do ya?

Attachments

#17 ·
Awesome, thanks for the info. Im surprised switching over the tire pressure monitors wasnt more expensive.

Edit: Nevermind, didnt read it right, still not too bad.

Did they give you anything for your stockers or are you selling elsewhere?

#18 ·
Nice wheels...:tu:
Not hijacking your thread, Since there isn't much to choose from in aftermarket wheels for a little while, I went with the BBS wheels and 275/60R20 Michelin LTX tires to fill up those huge wheel wells. Here's some pic's..

Attachments

#19 ·
07Sport
They did not want the stock rims/tires so If anyone is interested I have them for sale. They are the 18" styled steel rims with Bridgestone Dueler tires. TPMS sensors are still installed. I have about 2000 miles on them.

DL
Nice! Are you going to have the dealer recalibrate you speedo for those larger tires? btw, what tire pressure are you running?

I see you also went with LTX M/S tires. I think they are the best all around tire made. Had a set on my Tacoma that lasted over 80000 miles.

#20 ·

Thanks
What did they charge you for the new set of tire pressure monitors? I have heard they cost over $100 each...

#22 ·
07Sport
They did not want the stock rims/tires so If anyone is interested I have them for sale. They are the 18" styled steel rims with Bridgestone Dueler tires. TPMS sensors are still installed. I have about 2000 miles on them.

DL
Nice! Are you going to have the dealer recalibrate you speedo for those larger tires? btw, what tire pressure are you running?

I see you also went with LTX M/S tires. I think they are the best all around tire made. Had a set on my Tacoma that lasted over 80000 miles.

Thanks, I figure the truck comes with the 20's from the factory, the speedo should already be calibrated. Any tech's on the board know the answer? I can find out Monday at my local dealer.

I really like the LTX's. I've had the Michelin LTX's on several other vehicles, I love them, they are pricey though. Your right, great all around tire.

I don't have the truck yet, so I don't know what tire pressure to run, sorry. I'm waiting on the truck, I had to order it. I went by the dealer today and took those pics from another truck on the lot.

On the lot, They have some trucks with the BBS wheels with 305/50 R20 Michelin Cross Terrain's on them, Those suckers are wide. I wanted more height on the tire so I went with the 60 series. 305's are pretty wide.:eek: :tu:

#23 ·
Had the same Michelins on my '04, extremely nice tire. Nice rims!

Am I reading that right 134.00 for the valves each? Ouch

#26 ·
Nice rims..

Thinking about cancelling the BBS wheels and buying some aftermarket Chrome 20" wheels with the Michelins? By the time I get my truck in the nex 2 months, maybe there will be a lot more options to choose from in aftermarket?

I've been doing some research, I can get Chrome 20's and Michelin tires for about the same price or less then the painted BBS's.

We need to start a thread and post pics of 20" 5x150mm wheels available.

Here's a tire calculator I use all the time when swapping from stock to aftermarket tires to see speedo change:

Tire size calculator

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.