Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not understand why the cash back incentives are not the same across the board, my region is only at $2000 when there are a whole bunch of regions that are at $3000 on the tundra crew max, I have called Toyota corporate and they have yet to give me a good answer for this. Maybe someone on here will be able to give me a good reason as to why this is the way that it is. Why should I have to drive 500 to 1000 miles to save another $1000 and not help out my local dealer this, to me this is just plain retarded.

·
Registered
410 Posts
You could have to do with South East Toyota. It is a third party company that charges about another $800 on top of the normal Toyota invoice.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I do not understand why the cash back incentives are not the same across the board, my region is only at $2000 when there are a whole bunch of regions that are at $3000 on the tundra crew max, I have called Toyota corporate and they have yet to give me a good answer for this. Maybe someone on here will be able to give me a good reason as to why this is the way that it is. Why should I have to drive 500 to 1000 miles to save another $1000 and not help out my local dealer this, to me this is just plain retarded.
I get the feeling you won't be happy with any answer, but here goes: because they are selling well in your area or there is a larger supply in the other areas. Heard of supply and demand?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Gas is competitive, it doesn't all come from one place. All Toyotas are made by Toyota.
You missed my point. Everything is different in all areas of the country. Do you think for example, that Wal Mart has the same things on sale in Texas that they do in Cali at the same time? No, it's all about regional promotions and such.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I get it. I'm saying that a single auto manufacturer is a more narrow product field.

Even if the prices are different, the incentives should be the same. It's bad marketing, because it's too easy for people to notice. Like now.

·
Registered
754 Posts
You missed my point. Everything is different in all areas of the country. Do you think for example, that Wal Mart has the same things on sale in Texas that they do in Cali at the same time? No, it's all about regional promotions and such.
actually that was a bad example...I visit many walmarts when I travel from arizona to MI I make a habit to stop in at least one walmart in each state for kicks and giggles...majority of the items on sale in one state are the same in other states....its the clearance items that are different some areas they try to clear out differne things...for example in joblin, MS there is a very nice walmart there (alot of hicks too he he he) they had lego star stars on clearance on there that I picked up very cheap like 50% off while the next state did not have clearance items on the lego sets, but generally the sale of items is the same. :D such as furniture, food, electronics etc....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know the how supply and demand works and I don,t think that has anything to do with this.
As to the other comments that don't apply, Toyota makes a product that is available through its dealers and dealers are able to sell at different prices but the sales incentives should be the same across the board especially if they are going to market them as such. When you go to buy an apple computer or a dell for that matter, you don't pay a different price based on where you live in this country. If a large manufacture is going to promote a deal that deal should be the same throughout the country.

Walmart is not a manufacture and gas prices are not even close to being equal as far as my original question. Thanks for the attempt to answer but im looking for a real answer.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
... clearance on there that I picked up very cheap like 50% off while the next state did not have clearance items on the lego sets, but generally the sale of items is the same. :D such as furniture, food, electronics etc....
You're right about the issue being Clearance items. The mid-west region, which doesn't seem to see as much business for Tundra sales, usually has some really crappy incentives too. So, I guess it makes sense that in the places where they buy more trucks (just as supply and demand would dictate) to support a bigger sales market, they'll have to offer larger incentives to deplete the inventory.

In December, when I was looking for a new truck, I had to drive 3.5 hours away (Detroit to Cleveland) just to find the truck I wanted, since there was hardly any inventory here in Michigan. Dealerships here knew that they didn't have to work quite as hard for a sale when they only had 1 truck on the lot.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I know the how supply and demand works and I don,t think that has anything to do with this.
So you're sticking with the reason that Toyota is doing this just to piss you off?

As for your Apple comment, Apple strictly regulates the price on their machines. Vendors are not allowed to sell for cheaper than Apple sets their price at. Completely different situation.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts

SET aka Jim Moran (now deceased) was one of the first distributors of Toyotas in the world and had the strongest contract with Toyota/Japan.

It was rumored that Toyota/Japan offered him (before Moran died several years ago) $1 Billion USDs for all of the rights to SET.

IMO .... Toyota has less control over SET than any other district.

Moral of the story ... those that invested in Toyota's success very early on were given many controls and were paid very good dividends that later investors did not get.

FWIW ... I met Moran back in the 1980s and he had a giant winner (with SET) back then. SET is a cash cow & controls the discounts and many of the options in the SE.

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
HERE IT IS dealerships can charge whatever they want for their toyotas and for cashback toyota my have promotions for that lets say that the promotion is $2000 cash back...well to promote even further to draw people in a dealership can give $3000 cash back if they want whats a $1000 bucks to them extra back to the customer on the already high mark up on a vehicle...

·
Registered
420 Posts

SET aka Jim Moran (now deceased) was one of the first distributors of Toyotas in the world and had the strongest contract with Toyota/Japan.

It was rumored that Toyota/Japan offered him (before Moran died several years ago) $1 Billion USDs for all of the rights to SET.

IMO .... Toyota has less control over SET than any other district.

Moral of the story ... those that invested in Toyota's success very early on were given many controls and were paid very good dividends that later investors did not get.

FWIW ... I had met Moran back in the 1980s and he had a giant winner (with SET) even back then.

1 billion dollars, sharks with fricken lasers on their heads, sorry I could not resist.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts