Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all....

I have a major problem and I hope someone can help me. I have a 2001 tundra that is 4.7 L and supercharged with the trd dual exhaust and headers (and y pipe fixed too). I think the diameters are all 1 7/8". Both of my cats are blown and need replaced. What is a good cat to replace and also is magnoflow the best to replace the stock cats with highflows. I also have the question with the small pipe coming off the header into the stock cat where there is a oxygens sensor there. If I buy two cats and have an exhaust shop replace my stock cats with new highflow cats (assuming 2" in and out cats, right?!) will they be able to fabricate a pipe for the oxygen sensor to be place with out break it and it still will work for inspection. I need highflows because my tundra shifts hard from 1st to 2nd gear with two much back pressure. I do have an aftermarker limited slip on the rear. My brother has the same set up in his 2002 tundra and the hard shifting went away after the highflow cats were install but I different exhaust system then the trd I have. So any help on what cats to buy and where to get them installed. I live in chester county pa near del toyota in thorndale by coatesville.

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just thought i let you know...I removed both cats and every pipe there back uncluding the trd exhaust. I put all 2.5 pipes and heavy duty high heat cats by cat co with a X crossover in the magnoflow muffler and true dual exhaust the exit straight back. Maybe this can help you design yours...runs so much better and more torquey

Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts