Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well just wondering if I should just buy a catback system or just go to a shop and have them fab it up, I was looking at a flowmaster catback for about 650.00 the shop sad they could do it for 475.00 but thats not stainless steel or manderl bent pipes they sad it would be closer to 1000.00 for stainless and mandrel bent pipes, but i also have to pay to get the catback welded up so really just wondering whats the best way to go

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'm saving up for Borla duals and that's my final decision, but plan on keeping truck a long time!

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
The borla and corsa systems are my favorite on these trucks. I wouldn't pay $500 bucks for flowmasters with pressure bent tubing - you can get a stainless mandrel bent system for just a little more money. If you want to save a buck, buy a universal muffler of your choice and install it in place of the stock one (keep the resonator in place though).

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
If you want to save a buck, buy a universal muffler of your choice and install it in place of the stock one (keep the resonator in place though).
This is what my friend did. At first you didn't even notice he changed the muffler. But after about a month, his truck is louder than stock, but if you didn't know stock, you wouldn't be able to tell. He got the magnaflow dual in/single out.I wonder what it sounds like without the resonator, because the shop told him to leave it on.

·
Registered
590 Posts
If you want to save you some $, you could buy 2 Flowmaster mufflers and have a shop use mandrel bent SS tubing. That's what I did when I had my Flowmaster's put on with turn downs. It cost me $120.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Love my BORLA DUAL CATBACK EXHAUST! TRDSPARKS equals GREAT DEAL! Easy to install yourself! It was the first exhaust that I have ever installed; I will do it on every vehicle of mine in the future........

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
Borla made the TRD dual on the Gen 1 Tundra. The Gen 2 is (was) made by Tenneco.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
after reading alot of fourms is there any loss of torque with a catback system, or does it make a difference if there is

·
Registered
133 Posts
on my last truck that i leased an 08 dodge ram, i just took to the muffler shop, slapped a flowmaster muffler on, left all the other pipes the same because i only leased it 2 years, and didnt make a diff in sound, cut the resonator off and she flowed, and everything worked out great...

looking at exhaust now, but someone posted up to do the same but leave the resonator on, why? My ram got same or better mileage so just wondering why leave it on.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
after reading alot of fourms is there any loss of torque with a catback system, or does it make a difference if there is
I have felt an increase of torque with the addition of the CAI and Borla Dual together, and especially after adding the UNICHIP! Can't wait for the DT Long Tubes to be installed, but running in to a time and schedule factor that hasn't worked out.....

·
Registered
111 Posts
corsa sport dual same side exit
awesome at WOT
quiet around town & at 70MPH
Easy install had it changed over in less than 1 hour in driveway. no lift or ramps needed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts