Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. So I between the Gibson Extreme Duals or the Magnaflow Dual Side Exhaust. Both are stainless. Need to know what sounds good and what sounds bad? Any issues? Who do you all recommend? Thanks!

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
Take care with the Magnaflow dual rear exits, as the tailpipes are routed between the leaf springs and the frame, causing metal to metal contact over even small bumps. Avoid, avoid, avoid!! :td:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Man, you picked 2 good catbacks. If you want louder go Gibson. If you want deeper tone go magnaflow. Magnaflow flows better than most exhaust I've heard from alot of people. I would say Magnaflow would be your best bet. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I went straight-pipe after the resonator and am very impressed with the deep sound. About $200 cheaper than the mufflers I went there to buy.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Man, you picked 2 good catbacks. If you want louder go Gibson. If you want deeper tone go magnaflow. Magnaflow flows better than most exhaust I've heard from alot of people. I would say Magnaflow would be your best bet. :)
you think the magnaflow is deeper? iv listened to numerous clips and i think the gibson is deeper... the gibson is definitely more mellow....

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had a Gibson on my 2001 Silverado and I thought the sound was just right. With that said, I am installing the Gobson SS swept side this week. I hope to post a before and after sound bite by next weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts