Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a cb or ham radio in their 2007 tundra yet. If anyone has pics of an install with 40/20/40 or buckets in front show us some pics or let us know how and where you installed it. Thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got it installed finally. I am using a Yaesu FT-7100 mobile. It has the remote head unit that can be detached from the main unit. I put the main unit under the seat and ran the wire to the head unit on the hump under a rubber floor mat I got throwed across it. I mounted the head unit with double sided tape on the area just under the traction control button (knee bolster area). The antenna I mounted with a L bracket that was bent and drilled to attach to the existing hole in the fender just in front of the 2nd fender bolt from the back under the hood. Seems to work fine for now until I can come up with something better. Will try to post pictures when I can.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just got a 2007 tundra crewmax, upgrading from a Scion.. so much for easy dash space :)... so I am thinking about ordering the geotool bed spike mount (GeoTool Pickup Truck Antenna Mounts) and the panavise radio mount (Panavise - 751371307 - 2007 NEW Toyota Tundra mount for GPS, iPod, Satellite Rad)

It seems that with that mount I could just run the cable through the bed side -> drain plug up and up into the cab.. With that in mind, I believe the N connector will fit in the 239 mount, so two of those here I come ...

Anyone able to come up with a cleaner/more functional (I suppose N mount in the roof is the _best_ install but no thanks) install then that?

~Max
de w6lnx

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'll be taking delivery of my Ltd Crewmax next Tuesday and the first thing I'm going to do is drill three holes in the roof to mount antennas (wideband VHF, dual band cellular and GPS). I'll take pictures of the installation as I go along (Motorola CDM 1550LS and Wilson cellular amp) and post afterwards.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts