Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where did everyone put their Cb radios? i sold my old one with my tacoma but now i kinda miss it. where did everyone mount theirs? any creative ideas?

i tried searching but it automatically cuts off "cb" so radio is just far too common a search

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi,
papas, has pictures. i belive that was his business.
he schooled me on the radio & mic & antenna.
it's been so long, i honestly forgot.
now you brought it back to my head. thank's! ;-)

i sure many can also post there location's.

i know what i wanted,but like i said now i forgot,
but i didn't like any of the location area's i saw.

if i do get 1.
i'd like to have it placed where ever it look's like it belong's.
sadly there isn't a perfect spot i have seen yet.
i'm sure someone has the perfect spot.
i would like idea's myself.
my best spot is behing the center console,
where my cup holders are. i'd like to have it custom'ed installed,
with a face plate & inserted into that cup holder area.

you have the access cab, i'm not sure if that is the same as the double cab.
i saw them mounted on the right side of the center console.
& under the glove compartment.
& also mounted between the sun visors.

i wish it could go in the dash, like the radio.
i could i saw it, if you have a slim head unit.
i have a eclipse double din.
good luck,
gorilla
p.s. sorry for the rambling, it's your thread, but i to love the idea

·
Registered
375 Posts
When I take the truck on long trips and I have the CB along I put it between the passenger seat and the center console, mine fits nice and snug and is pretty much out of the way, But I have been looking at mounting it underneath the dash where the cigarette lights/ports are... eventually.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hijacking... do you guys have call signs? I always wanted to get a CB radio and have my call sign be "dirty sanchez"

Kojak with a Kodak

·
Registered
66 Posts
The best place to mount your CB is where the map lights are. i have had mine there since i go the truck. it looks clean and you don't have to cut or drill into any visible parts of the truck. here are some pictures.

Attachments

·
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,550 Posts
The best install I saw was a TS member who had a 1-DIN stereo on top and his CB unit installed right under it. It was CLEAN. He used an aftermarket bezel with very little customizing required. Looked like it came that way from the dealer.

If anyone remembers who this TSer was that did this install, post up the link.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
I put mine in the pullout cupholder spot, since we never used the cupholders I figured it would be easy to slide it right in there and hide it with the doorpanel from the cupholder.....it wasn't easy and didn't fit. Even the compact CB was too long under the dash; there's a metal brace in the way that I didn't feel good about removing. The CB is still there but it sticks out in a "non factory" fashion that I don't like. Someday, I'll change it to somewhere else....

IMG_0820 by jim65wagon, on Flickr

·
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,550 Posts
I put mine in the pullout cupholder spot, since we never used the cupholders I figured it would be easy to slide it right in there and hide it with the doorpanel from the cupholder.....it wasn't easy and didn't fit. Even the compact CB was too long under the dash; there's a metal brace in the way that I didn't feel good about removing. The CB is still there but it sticks out in a "non factory" fashion that I don't like. Someday, I'll change it to somewhere else....

Jim, I actually like that install location. Looks good!

Can you post up a pic from the side that shows how far out it protrudes?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im liking these ideas so far. in my tacoma the smaller radios fit perfectly where the ash tray was and it had just enough space so it didnt stick out. i was thinking about going in the radio location but i eventually want to put a double din screen in there.

im thinking i may have to mount it on a surface instead of in the dash or something but i cant really find any good flat spots either for a bracket. i may try putting it there the map lights are since the sunglasses holder is useless. cant fit my pair or even my safety glasses

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The best place to mount your CB is where the map lights are. i have had mine there since i go the truck. it looks clean and you don't have to cut or drill into any visible parts of the truck. here are some pictures.
do you have any pictures of the install or a write up of what had to be cut and removed?

·
Registered
716 Posts

wat is that think for kinda under ur 4x4 buttons?

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
I bought largest CB mount from a local Cb shop. It was about $22. Oh and I got rid of this Cobra 29 50th anniversary radio with talkback and weather. Now running Radio Running a Cobra 29 Night Watch with weather.

Chris

·
Registered
657 Posts
When I had my old Ford truck I mounted it up on the header above the rear view mirror. It was easy to use without taking my eyes off the road.
The speaker was easy to hear - being mounted in the bottom of the unit and having the cord hang down like the big-rig drivers was the epitome of cool.
From the 1970's ... "truck 'em easy- we be gonna boogie on down this super slab- catch you on the flipside- 3's and 8's- we gone" the Western Star.

George60

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
wat is that think for kinda under ur 4x4 buttons?
That's the controller for the FM transmitter I used at the time for my iPod.

Remmy 700P said:
Jim, I actually like that install location. Looks good!

Can you post up a pic from the side that shows how far out it protrudes?
I will as soon as I can, I can say it is far enough out anyone in the passenger seat will mess the dials up with their leg.....

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i kinda like the tans tunnel location. my friends f250 has all its scanner and stoke boxes mounted there in a metal box. may have to go that route...

·
Registered
97 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
oofy, I suggest you add "tags" to your thread so it will be easier for the next person to find this thread in future searching. Go down to the bottom left of this page and click on Tags. I tried but it wont let me do it for you.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I installed my CB just like as shown. The problem is the noise (I think from the EFI) was so bad I had to relocate it.

<TUNDRA>

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
oofy, I suggest you add "tags" to your thread so it will be easier for the next person to find this thread in future searching. Go down to the bottom left of this page and click on Tags. I tried but it wont let me do it for you.
hmm good thinking. done

1 - 20 of 50 Posts