Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have some look like they're the same. They fit great and I installed HID bulbs in mine. The only problem I had was the light pattern was crappy due to the light baffle they installed from the factory. I had to do some surgery on them to make the light cutoff level - the stock one had a BIG kickup on the right side so I got a couple pieces of very thin stainless steel and installed them on the shield (on the inside of the housing) - this was a huge PITA to figure out but easy once I had it figured out. They made all the difference and I love them now - way better light spread than the stock lights and look great. The mod requires a 1" hole to be drilled in the back of the housing but it's easy to cover with electrical tape. I wouldn't use the lights without modding the light spread because you would just end up blinding anyone to the right side of the truck. Like at an intersection with someone sitting to your right.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
from what Ive seen, most of these ebay lights end up with moisture in them.. some may be better than others,, but its a gamble..

·
Premium Member
733 Posts

·
Premium Member
352 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've had mine for almost a year with no leakage in the Pacific NW. If they don't leak here then they probably won't leak. :D

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
kheiret I wanna see some night pictures! Wanna see the cut off on those please :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
How about early morning pics? It gets light here before 4:30 and stays light out until about 10 this time of year :eek:

The first pic is the of the lights after I modded the shield - don't have any of before. And the second is the pattern on my S2000 with the factory HIDs. The ebay lights have some hot spots but they focus right in the middle of my lane and the cutoff is very similar to the stock Honda lights. The dark spots in the center of the hot spots are from supports on the inside of the light housing and if I had thought about it at the time I could have just bent them out of the way.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
i wish they would just make a decent looking one without the halos and without the dumb looking LED or whatever eyebrow thing in there and those stupid looking 3LEDs on the side that scream rice. if they were jsut a projector lens they would be better. how hard would it be for them to make one for the rest of us that dont want ricer lights haha

·
Registered
293 Posts
i wish they would just make a decent looking one without the halos and without the dumb looking LED or whatever eyebrow thing in there and those stupid looking 3LEDs on the side that scream rice. if they were jsut a projector lens they would be better. how hard would it be for them to make one for the rest of us that dont want ricer lights haha
Stop hating!:ts:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Here are two photos of my truck w/them installed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
hahaha nice,, what you dont wanna make you tundra look like a gay asz bmw....

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
I've had mine for almost a year with no leakage in the Pacific NW. If they don't leak here then they probably won't leak. :D
right,, but thats your set,,, one guy i work with put a set of these in his corolla,, same issue with the hid,, and his gets water in them easily.... most of the ones i see around here leak..

·
Registered
293 Posts
[QUTOE]=masterdiagnostictech; hahaha nice,, what you dont wanna make you tundra look like a gay asz bmw....

right,, but thats your set,,, one guy i work with put a set of these in his corolla,, same issue with the hid,, and his gets water in them easily.... most of the ones i see around here leak..

First off Masterdiagnostictech do you even own a Tundra? Second if you don't like what you see "Kick Rocks and Keep movin" Your high jacking the post! :focus:

4Runner007 - I have own mine head lights since December (6 months) and have not seen any sign of water leakage. You can seal them before installing them if you want just to be 100%. :peace:

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Everyone is entitled to their opinion...doesn't make them a "hata" because they happen to prefer the stock headlights.

To the OP, I am seriously impressed that you took the time to actually make these lights respectable! That cutoff looks pretty damn good. Although I am not partial to the design of those lights (I think the LEDs complicate the appearance), two thumbs up for a job well done :tu: :)

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
As mentioned moisture might be a problem, but you can just put some epoxy on them. Nothing new with aftermarket lights, and is perfectly fine to do...On that same note, don't listen the the "hater" comments...You asked are they good as in the quality of them, and should not be subject to the "ricer" comments from the children on here. as it does nothing for this thread!

·
Registered
293 Posts
I love those Haters! LOL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok, so I am about to pull the trigger on these same projector headlights with the CCFL halo's.

Question: for those that already have them, do you have a photo of the light pattern on the road without any headlight modifications done like the OP did? I also plan on a 35w 5k HID in the lows and fogs from DDM Tuning.

Also, what was your approximate installation time?

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Rich

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Very easy to do. The projector housings will take H7 bulbs so order those. It will not fit H11 bulbs currently in OEM housings. Follow the attached file for more instructions! Hope this helps

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts