Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know if the is one and if not the my 6 disk is screwed. Got my wires crossed and and pumped 75 watts back to the cd player on my 07 DC. smells like burning electrics but i figured id ask.

·
Registered
528 Posts
We should probably ask....what were you doing and why? Paid subscribers have access to the full wiring diagrams btw.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i was wiring up my new alpine door speakers to a punch 150x2 amp and i got the wiring mixed up on the left speaker. instead of amping the signal from the cd player to the speaker, i amped the signal from the cd player back to the cd player.

·
Registered
528 Posts
well i was wiring up my new alpine door speakers to a punch 150x2 amp and i got the wiring mixed up on the left speaker. instead of amping the signal from the cd player to the speaker, i amped the signal from the cd player back to the cd player.
Ahhh... okay. Now we know what you were doing so that may help some of the folks on here diagnose the problem or point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How hard is it to pull out the factory 6 disk cd player. Anyone know if the back of the cd player has a plug in for all the wires or do they hard wire into it.
Need Quick help please

·
Registered
281 Posts
Get a putty knife or something slim. Start down by the cig ligther and 12 volt. That panel just pops out. I recommend disconnecting the two plugs that go into it.

Next you pop out the heat control panel. This one is a little tricky because the fan speed knob is part of this piece and its behind the silver dash piece so you need to pop off enough that you can get the fan control knob out from behind it.

The deck is then held in with 4 10mm bolts. You will probably need a deep socket and the socket extender because two of them are pretty far back. I got away with wedging a screwdriver into the back of the deep socket. After removing those for bolts the cd player will slide right out and there are three wire plugs that attach to the back of it. Once I figured out how to do this it takes about 3-5 minutes to have the whole center part of the dash out. Everything just snaps back into place after you have screwed the deck back in.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks alot for the reply, my day just got alot better knowing nothing is hardwired in the player, just plugs. Well, looks like ill be ordering a new OEM cd player this week. Anyone got one they would like to sell?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Thanks alot for the reply, my day just got alot better knowing nothing is hardwired in the player, just plugs. Well, looks like ill be ordering a new OEM cd player this week. Anyone got one they would like to sell?
Not just yet. I'm waiting for a couple aftermarket pieces to come out. May be going with this deck.

Pioneer Electronics - Sound. Vision. Soul

Pretty nice to have bluetooth built right in. I don't really need Nav because this truck probably won't see to much big city driving. Take the lady's car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts