Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
started the truck this morning and CEL flashed steadily about 4-5 times while engine was revving up. then it stopped when idle slowed... any ideas?

truck is a 2010 4.6L, 7K miles and I have not had any of the vvti cel issues to date.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good idea. I'm due for oil change in about 300 miles... guess I'll add this to the list. oil, 0 point calibration on asc after lift, pedal recall, cel light flashing....

·
Registered
110 Posts
are you sure it is not the maintenance required light??? It will start to flash when its time for a oil change!!! then it will stay on after 5000 miles

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks gettinLoose - thats IT! maintenance req. I just assumed it was one in the same this morning in my rage. After reading all these posts on CEL and VVTI problems, I'm just looking for that issue. I'm a dumbass - yall can flog me for it. go ahead.

cc tundra - not having problems yet, but since I'll have it in and if I get my lift done by then, might as well knock out two birds... right?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Thanks gettinLoose - thats IT! maintenance req. I just assumed it was one in the same this morning in my rage. After reading all these posts on CEL and VVTI problems, I'm just looking for that issue. I'm a dumbass - yall can flog me for it. go ahead.

cc tundra - not having problems yet, but since I'll have it in and if I get my lift done by then, might as well knock out two birds... right?
Good save Mike. :doh:

·
Registered
65 Posts

By the way, I'm thinking about getting the LRO 3/1 kit installed. Did you have a change of heart and went with the Ready-Lift or stuck with the LRO kit?

I think the LRO is a better kit for all the features and the customer service/support Chris put behind his product, especially with the latest hydrogen embrittlement bolt issue in which Chris resolved quickly. :tu:

I'll be ordering the kit within the next few weeks and then I'll be in the same boat you were in -- looking for a reasonable installer since I really don't want to tackle that job even though I've done everything else myself.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm still open Arizona - I'll probably end up with the ready-lift if I have a shop do it. 130-200 is the range I'm getting for labor and that is under my arbitrary 250 "do it yourself" line. they are quoting me about 20 bucks over online price for the lift so I dont mind having them get it. (readylift) as far as the LRO - the shops were a little hesitant to work with me on that product since nobody has heard of it. It is cheaper than the readylift though. the way I see it - I'm going with one of the two 3/1 kits and each product will serve my purpose just fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts