Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 Tundra SR5 with a 4.7. Above code came up recently. I think it means bank 2 sensor 2? If I'm correct, where is this o2 sensor located? I don't want to guess & buy the wrong sensor. Thanx a bunch.

·
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,549 Posts
Bank 2, Sensor 2 = passenger rear. Just follow the exhaust pipe past the catalytic converter. It's bolted in directly downstream and behind a small aluminum debris shield. Crawl under there, you'll see it.

Here's a pic of the one on the driver's side (B1S2):

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I found it. Problem is that the bolt heads are rusted, so I'll have to cut 'em. Where can I get these bolts as I can't tell what size they are from all the corrosion. Thanx.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, today I recieved the new sensor from Rock Auto. Crawled under the truck to get a closer look & discovered that there are no nuts holding the 02 sensor flange onto the exhaust pipe. Why this is I have no idea. I've never had any exhaust work done in the 2 yrs. that I've owned it. Apparently, I'm supposed to pry the old sensor off the studs & secure with new nuts? One of the studs looks pretty beat up & I don't know if it will take a nut. If not, any suggestions? The other nut is not in bad shape.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts