Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any interest in a Orlando/Central Florida Meet? Any possible spots? Any Sponsors? Show your interest here and hopefully we can get something going in a couple of months.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, let get more people and try to set a date.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Keep us updated. Id be down for a meet.

·
Registered
38 Posts
man, i just moved from o-town to san antonio a few months ago. i miss florida, but texas is alright so far. (btw, GO MAGIC! swept the bobcats!) i would def. be down for a meet if i was still there, but there is a cool place up on S.R. 46 in sanford that would be a great place for a meet. my high school had our 10 year reunion there. i think its called Route 46. i'll try to find a website and post a link for you guys.

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That place looks like a place near me in East orlando waterford lakes. Well we don't got many people right now, maybe 5 or so. Anyone want to help and rally up some people would be great.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It will be hard to get alot of people together for a meet. people just arent in the mood for meeting anymore.

·
Registered
513 Posts
i'm down for a meet if i'm in the state the time it is held....

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
It's a noble and kind thought but it is difficult to break away from our daily grind and duties to family, job and the such. I think it might be easier to meet up with others on this forum who have a similar interest. Ex: when the auto show comes to town many on here could all agree on a particular day to meet at the auto show. That way, the few or many could either mosey around in a small group or meet and go their separate ways after an hour or so after comparing products and joking about the display floozies. Other wise, without something to do that we would all possibly enjoy, what would we do besides meet and eat, nothing wrong with that but hard to get people motivated to do "just that" if that makes sense? Just a thought. I'm not trying to be critical of meeting with others without something like the auto show but I just think that things like that would make it more of an event and maybe even get some pics to post? Good luck with what y'all do!!!!!

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi, i wanted to have a south florida meet at what used to be called moroso motorsports park.
they had everything.
they have up-greded it to have a road course, & a 1/4mile track.
they also have fun things for the kids.
i couldn't get it going.

there was a meet some where, they did off roading.
they had a trd gen2 s/c there i think from sparks.
i belive many got to ride in it.
they seemed to have a awesome time.

i also offered another idea.
to also go to a dyno shop, have our tundra's dyno'ed & than i would pay for lunch.
that didn't fly either.

sadly i just go out on my own now. meet up with jap racer's.
i also go to show's when i see them, or hear about them.

honestly it's a all day affair.from early morning to get the best spots,
& enter the show, than stay there all day, melting in the sun.
until night time, when they announce the winners.
so i go, look at everything, talk to people.
mustangs i have seen are stick. 1 guy had a turbo & s/c.
and another had 2 turbos.
many gt500's, & rouch's.
some pick-up's are always there.
nothing to talk about.
alot of old cars.

so your idea of going to have a meet at a show is a great idea.
at least there is always the other cars, your tundra's
if you can get them all set up in a row.
& you can eat, they usually have it in a shopping center around me.
they usualy have vendors, custom shop owners there.
raffles, etc.
i find it to be alot of down time for me. i really enjoy it.
but not the all day affair, thats why i don't enter.
my .02 cents.
gorilla

·
Registered
39 Posts
the only way to get alot of people out would be the make it a toyota truck meet. include the tacomas, fj cruisers, old school trucks, and so on. That would be the best way to get alot of people out to a meet. Or like others suggested that we go to a car show and meet up there.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would come if we can get a place and a date set. I started the thread to see interest, but dont have time to plan. Hopefully someone will take charge and pic a place.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I've been thinking for a while that a Central Florida meet would be cool. I know yall started talking about this back in April and there hasn't been one (that I heard of), but I would also be down for it if it ever happens. We could meet at the mudhole in Lakeland, or maybe find a spot at a car show around here. I don't know about Orlando, but I know Plant City has one once a month if yall wanted to drive west a little bit.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Somebody should really take charge and organize a meet. Lol

1 - 20 of 61 Posts