Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only complaint I seem to have with my new tundra is the center console. The thing is SO big but doesnt seem to utilize all that space very well. The way I look at it is most people probably will not be installing hanging files or storing laptops so with the exception of that little sliding tray everytime you put something in this console you have to go elbow deep into it!. I just think toyota could have designed the inside of this cavernous console a little better. I just want more "surface" storage area
inside of the console, thats all. Other than that I feel this truck is top notch

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
The only complaint I seem to have with my new tundra is the center console. The thing is SO big but doesnt seem to utilize all that space very well. The way I look at it is most people probably will not be installing hanging files or storing laptops so with the exception of that little sliding tray everytime you put something in this console you have to go elbow deep into it!. I just think toyota could have designed the inside of this cavernous console a little better. I just want more "surface" storage area
inside of the console, thats all. Other than that I feel this truck is top notch
I noticed this too when I test drove it. For me, the center console is the heart fo the truck...I keep my sunglasses, ear plugs, gum, pens, drugs, and puppies in there...now I will have to reach low to get the meth away from my terrier. :clown:
I was wondering how much crap the console would actually accumulate. What is cool, is those little storage bays on the doors and the dash....very handy to have me perscription sunglasses in that little door compartment.

·
Registered
548 Posts
agree. the console in my 05 with the two sections, one bottom deep, and a seperate integrated top that provided shelf area was mint.
the 07 truck still rocks though.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My 07 has a shallow removable tray over the cave for the small stuff. The cave holds my tool kit, bungee's, flashlight etc. I would think that all 07's would have the same.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My complaint with the center console is that it keeps on popping open, :mad: if I take a hard turn it pops open, if I shut my door too hard it pops open, etc. Guess it's time to see the dealer for an adjustment.

·
Registered
285 Posts
My compliant is when I drive my left knee rubs against the door console which makes a ticking noise when driving.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Well, I don't own the Tundra yet (agreed with the wife to get it at the end of the year), but I for one really like the center console. Both of us often carry our two laptops with us when going to meetings, etc. and this is just really handy for keeping it concealed. I can just use the laptop sleeve for mine now instead of taking the whole laptop bag. I hope my wife's laptop will fit as well, though I'm not sure, hers is pretty big!
In any case, a type of side-flipping bottom ledge to bring up a false floor half-way up would be nice as well, but hey, there are way more compartments in this rig than in any other truck I've seen to date. Nothing even comes close, so, can't complain too much...

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Being that it's a big empty box, I imagine a crafty person could probably design a nice organiser system made out of metal or wood that would just drop in place. Or perhaps some aftermarket ones might be available in time.

·
Registered
225 Posts
My laptop fits nicely in it...................

·
Registered
197 Posts
You guys kiddin...laptops...puppies....
I fill mine full of ice and load it with ice cold Tequizas and Old Milwaukees.
Self draining too though the rugs are a little soggy now.

·
Registered
150 Posts
My 07 has a shallow removable tray over the cave for the small stuff. The cave holds my tool kit, bungee's, flashlight etc. I would think that all 07's would have the same.
They all have that... read the original post... he says that except for the stuff on the tray he has to go in all the way to his elbow to get stuff out of the cave.

·
Registered
621 Posts
That compartment is big enough to hold a small cooler that will hold a six pack. There's an idea. Keep the beer cold in a cooler that you have inside the center console. Of course, the beer is only for when you have reached your destination and are NOT going to drive anymore.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Post a pic. Why don't all the trucks have that?

And the cooler idea would be nice. Just need to make sure it's a watertight compartment and then put in a drain tube. Maybe even remove it and insulate around the compartment. Might be nice when going hunting.
Exactly what I've done is add a cooler (12V) no drain needed to keep cold drinks for the road etc.:D (only $50.00 at Pep Boys).

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/466104966_2e36d68090_b.jpg

·
Registered
64 Posts
You guys kiddin...laptops...puppies....
I fill mine full of ice and load it with ice cold Tequizas and Old Milwaukees.
Self draining too though the rugs are a little soggy now.

THATS WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT! :tu:

·
Registered
149 Posts
My laptop fits nicely in it...................

Only if the console was lockable, if people are to store their laptops and other electronic items in there. Wonder why they did not add that feature? If contractors are keeping "files" in there, wouldn't that be a good idea?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts