Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any ideas on how to get the top lid of the center console from rattling, besides removing it.

Thanks

·
Registered
273 Posts
What exactly is rattling? Is something loose? My 2004 DC has a clip on the inside to hold things, could this be loose? Try covering it in Dynamat​

·
Registered
47 Posts
My whole center console rattles. I just got edead today and will mat the whole inside of the center console to see if it stops. will keep you guys posted

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no, nothing is loose. The very top lid vibrates a little bit and makes a noise when bass hits.

Yeah, keep us posted, I got about 20 sq. ft. of edead at my house, Im thinking about doing the same thing, but the top lid is really the only thing that rattles on mine, for right now anyways.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Put edead inside the whole center console. I put it every and it sounds so much better. No more rattles. I noticed in the back of the console there above the rear cup holders there is a little compartments that rattled. Mine was loose so I also wrapped it from the inside. That solved that problem. So far I am happy with it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Put edead inside the whole center console. I put it every and it sounds so much better. No more rattles. I noticed in the back of the console there above the rear cup holders there is a little compartments that rattled. Mine was loose so I also wrapped it from the inside. That solved that problem. So far I am happy with it.
I guess I know what I will be doing this weekend. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I forgot to mention that most of the rattling came from the top lid. I just put edead on the bottom of that as well. Not inside the small compartment but underneath it. That got the rattle out. I also made sure all the screw inside the console were tight.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I removed the console and covered everything. But if you are just going to do the top there is no need to take the whole console out. You can just open it and do it inside the truck.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a sub in my console and get rattling from my cupholder/console area and was wondering what I could do to stop it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
take out your center console and cup holder area and apply sound deadener on the inside, put a couple layers just to be safe, thats really the only thing you can do, i guess.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts