Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been scouring the net for about two hours trying to find some info/reviews on these tires and i haven't found much.

does anyone have any experience with these tires? or is anyone using them?

i'd like to know about the tread life/wear, road noise, on and off road performance if anyone has any info.

thanks

·
1,768 Posts
i've been scouring the net for about two hours trying to find some info/reviews on these tires and i haven't found much.

does anyone have any experience with these tires? or is anyone using them?

i'd like to know about the tread life/wear, road noise, on and off road performance if anyone has any info.

thanks
That's because they're pretty new. It's got to be good though. Know a guy that used the Dick Cepek: 38/15.50-16.5LT : F-C Kevlar Tire and he loved it and they lasted a long time. He had them on his huge jacked up Dodge pickup with 4.56 gears.

The best way is to go see and observe the tire for yourself when choosing a brand. Don't be afraid to go and push/jab the rubber compounds to check for elasticity/hardness/stiffness of the tire itself. Pretty much these are just like the BFG mudders ... these just have siping in them already but are the same in ply rating:

Triple Ply Sidewalls for Tough Puncture Resistant Off-Road Driving
Stepped Tread for Ultimate Tread Cleaning Characteristics
High Load Ratings on SLT Sizes for Great Towing Capabilities
Extra Wide Footprint for Better Traction and Even Wear
Sidebiters® for Added Traction & Sidewall Protection
Siped Tread Lugs for Better Grip on Smooth Surfaces and Ice

Yeah, If I could do it over again since I just got the 305/70/16 BFG: KM T/A Mudder I would go with the
Dick Cepec Mud Country Tire:

Rear Tires::D :eek: :devil:
LT375/55R16 (33x15.50R16LT) Actual Sizing: 15.4"wide, 32.4" tall
65 Max PSI mounted on a 10.0" - 13.0" (16x12" being an optimal Rim choice)

Front Size: Due to Fitment problems for HUGE Tires (such as rubbing the frame and/or pinchweld):

LT285/75R16 (33X11.50R16) Actual Sizing: 11.3" wide, 33.1" tall
65 Max PSI on a 7.5" - 9.0" (16x8" with 4" B/s'ing: being an optimal Rim Choice to clear the pinchweld with 2.5" Lift up front):tu:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the Mud countries on my 05 tundra w/ a 2" leveling kit. The tires are LOUD, other than the noise they are great. Great mud and snow traction and good wear. I like the tires but hate the noise. Beware they are LOUD, with a constant road hum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts