Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spent the better part of a day changing the front o2 sensors in my '02 Tundra, and it was not what I would call fun! :mad: I wanted to say that I appreciate the info I found in other discussions, about the task:ts: . I went with OEM parts (pre wired) and that saved me a lot of time! That left me time to get the ***** things out!!! They don't make them easy to get to! Once the tires were off, the dirt guards pulled, the brake line moved, and dip stick out of the way it was only slightly difficult! Good luck if you are considering such a repair...

·
Registered
174 Posts
What is involved with removing the dirt guards? Are you referring to the inner fender liners? I've not looked at them to see how they might come off. I have an '03, and so far I've not had any trouble with the O2 sensors, but I'm wondering what if... Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not sure if the driver side is harder, but I did the passenger side front sensor from underneath and it took a total of 20 minutes on my '01...

Charlie

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
I attempted this last year and what a nightmare! :mad: I broke my 3/8 universal, I was ready to jump off the roof. I gave up and left it alone. Luckily, I received the recall notice the next week and drove it into Toyota so they had to deal with it. I got new manifolds, bolts, gaskets, and 02 sensors of course on both sides from that. It took them all day and best of all, it was free:) . Absolutely no check engine lights since then.:tu:

·
Registered
207 Posts
is there an 8 year warranty???? please chime in if this is so!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts