Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked a used 2008 Tundra CM with 28k miles for 26k. It was a lease return with the SR5 package, TRD package (18" rims and 6 disc), Sunroof. It had almost every option I was looking for except the driver info speedo, leather steering wheel, and JBL sound system. Here in SoCal these trucks are hard to find with certain option set ups. I'm overall happy with the truck and I'm glad I didn't go with the Limited because I HATE leather. Now I really want DIC speedo from the limited and I know alot of options can be activated by simply pluging them in. Please don't shoot this down unless you have direct knowledge that it will not work. I know of at least two other items that are plug and play. The black box on these turcks usually have all of the information that is displayed on the DIC, so it seems that it should be possible to plug in the limited speedo and have the advanced options be functional. I already know the JBL system is not, aftermarket will work for me. Thankfully there are companies that will wrap the steering wheel with leather for 249.00 so that is on the list of things to do in time.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
As far as I know you can buy a limited gauge cluster and simply plug in and play. Nothing else needed.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Works fine :) I have the Optitrons in my SR5.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, thanks guys...

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Since you say its a plug and play the mileage doesn't need to be reprogrammed?
Mileage will have to reprogrammed correctly prior to installation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts