Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here a rough sketch of what I want to do to my truck. I like my current exhaust but I would like to change it. I have the mod bug (it's inoperable) and I recently found these things called Powersticks. They are supposed to be nice and loud! Classic Chambered Exhaust Inc. - Home Page

But I can't decide how I want to route it! I'm just tired of all of the huge pipes and everybody has flowmasters :rolleyes: Let me know what you think.....and forgive the terrible drawing. I used paint on my computer.

·
Premium Member
6,873 Posts
I'd suggest right after the muffler, you add a 45* or 90* elbow and leave it at that. I have no piping after my muffler and couldn't be any happier.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I was thinking I would do that as it would be cheaper and cleaner. I thought a side exit would look nice but I'm afraid it may not work because of the frame rail being in the way.

One other thing I am debating is the size. Right now my bottom end power is gone because of the duel 2.5" pipes. So do I keep the current duel 2.5" before the new mufflers then dump? Or, make a y-pipe and just run one of these Powersticks.

To be fully honest I want loud and different :devil:

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
Listen to the sound clips :eek:.

Beautiful.

Post a sound clip if you get one.

What you could do...dunno how this would work out...run a single 2-1/4" like the stock tube, and split it after the exhaust. You'll get your low end back, dunno how it would sound tho.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Listen to the sound clips :eek:.

Beautiful.

Post a sound clip if you get one.

What you could do...dunno how this would work out...run a single 2-1/4" like the stock tube, and split it after the exhaust. You'll get your low end back, dunno how it would sound tho.
Well I ditched the side pipe idea. It's just not gona work with the frame rails and all. I think what I want to do is get everything cut off and possibly do duel 2 1/4 with an (H or X?) pipe and run them into two of these 16" powersticks with a 90 degree dump.

I'm just tired of all of these pipes! The whole duel exhaust just seems unneed and actually almost got in the way off-road because of the tips and the way the mufflers hang.

So these "mufflers:D " are really low profile and really different. No one in this town has even heard of these so I'm really excited about putting these on.

Yeah.....they are some loud clips aren't they! F'in awesome!!! :devil: I'll try to get a clip them. My buddies know how to do that so I will try to maybe even get a before and after.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So the final question......duel 2 1/4 with and H-pipe and two mufflers or, a single 3 inch pipe with one mufller?

Which set up would be louder? Just can't decide.....:confused:

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
So the final question......duel 2 1/4 with and H-pipe and two mufflers or, a single 3 inch pipe with one mufller?

Which set up would be louder? Just can't decide.....:confused:
i'd say single 3 inch pipe....just for the fact that you hated the dual pipes last time due to their clearance off road...

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
============

I've got an '07 Tacoma with the 4.0 V-6, 5 speed auto. I couldn't stand the quiet stock exhaust in mine either.. so I went to my favorite local muffler shop. I added a Flowmaster and Dual 3" Borla tips to mine. It's a bit louder than I like, but it rumbles and is quite loud. I'm gonna go get some smaller tips put on it.. soon. It's a constant rumble when I'm towing my '20 toy hauler.. and just loud enough when I accelerate and then come to a cruising throttle. I plan to to the T.H. at least 1 or 2 times a month.. So something has gotta change..? I'm thinkin about pluggin off one of the tips and see what it'll do to it..:confused:

I'll get some pix and a sound byte of it soon and post them.

Bruce
I love my flowmaster sound except for the drone, and the massive 5 inches of pipes that I have even before the muffler. I was to cut this all off but it's a matter of money. I have to wait until i'm done with classes then hope the money starts to roll in a bit more.

If I ever get this done there will be plenty of pics and hopefully some sound clips.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts