Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured since I'm not on here much anymore and am today, I'll give a few updates on things with my truck. '07 Double Cab 4.7L 2wd SR5 TRD

First, in the last few months my truck developed the finicky door lock issue. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. Took it in for the passenger rear first. The service tech cleaned the connections, inspected it, checked it, and put it back together ($50 charge). They told me I need a new actuator ($420) and I told them no thanks. It has worked flawlessly ever since! Couple weeks ago, passenger front started doing the same thing. Had it there for some scheduled maintenance and told them to check it out. The service tech cleaned the connections, inspected it, checked it, and put it back together ($50 charge). They told me I need a new actuator ($420) and I told them no thanks. Same result. They both work great with no issues at all and I've been :D ever since.

Second, replaced my OEM Rugged Trails with same size Michelin LTX M/S2's. Did alot of research for tires based on what I do with my truck (no offroading, pulling my car and boat trailers long distance) with wear, load capability, wet traction, and handling being biggest concerns. The tires were about $1400 installed and have lived up to their awesome reputation. Quiet as can be going down the road, never squirm under a load, never slipped even on the steepest boat ramps, and it handles amazingly on fast curvy roads unloaded. The stock TRD suspension has always been rough riding unloaded but now its much more tolerable. Pulling a load, it rides like a cadillac now with all the control I could ever want and then some.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I've also been impressed with the new Michelin tires, which I've had on since March. Not much to compare 'em with, since the worn-out OEMs were slippin' around on our snow-slick roads.

For just a minute there, I wondered about my choice of 20-inch wheels ---when the guy down at Big O told me what four new Michelins cost!

·
Registered
34 Posts
My 07 CM driver door actuator quit working about 2 months ago 55k miles, use key to manually lock & unlock (all three other doors work w/ key fob), sucks in the rain. may look to junkyard soon?? any way to use TS for discount on new parts, like door actuator?

·
Registered
34 Posts
so far no problems with Cooper Discoverer ATR 33" on stock rims- 49k miles , great handling and very little tread wear.
(Load E for towing tractor), not for off road though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just put the the MS2's on last week. I like them so far. I shopped the price around and ended up at $906 OTD with TPMS rebuild included at Discount Tire. I had them match Sears price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts