Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey to all, Has anyone tried "Boostbrothers" headers off of e-bay? If so what do feel it was worth the money and time? thanks, CSM-H

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Never heard of those. Go through their feedback and see if you can find someone who has had some for a while, and send them a message. I will say, I was skeptical of the ss autochromes that I bought for a ridiculous price, and they have been on my truck for five trouble free years.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I've had Boost Bros. on mine for about 6 months. No problems so far. Excellent quality for the price. I installed with Fel-Pro gaskets rather than the ones they supplied.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Whatever you get, I very highly recommend springing for the "stage 8" locking bolts. I was surprised that they make them to fit our trucks. These things virtually eliminate header leaks. I have had nothing but good luck from them on several vehicles-including the Tundra.

·
Supportive Supporter
1,136 Posts
Never heard of those. Go through their feedback and see if you can find someone who has had some for a while, and send them a message. I will say, I was skeptical of the ss autochromes that I bought for a ridiculous price, and they have been on my truck for five trouble free years.
Are yours the "long tube headers"?
If so where did you get them, etc....
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
No, they are the shorties. They are pretty much JBA knockoffs with thicker flanges. I got them off of ebay, but I think the ssautochrome.com site still works, though they changed their name to "xs performance" a while back. They are not CARB compliant, so if you live in a state with inspections, they may not work for you.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
They are header bolts that have a groove for an included clip to fit into. If the bolt tries to back out, the clip bites against the header tube itself, stopping any potential loosening. I've had them on my Chevelle for ten years, and the Tundra for 4 or 5. I have yet to have a leak on either. I have friends that have had similar luck. They can be bought at speed shops and such. I got mine from Summit Racing. You can go to stage8.com and see how they work.

No, I don't work for them! I just know how big of a pain header leaks can be and these pretty much stopped mine.

·
Registered
93 Posts
How did you get the studs out of the heads then? Better yet, how without breaking them?

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Some of them are hard to access, but I didn't have any problem with them breaking. But, my truck was only a couple of years old and had only about 45K at the time. I am also in a rust-free part of the country, which has to help some.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts