Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if it's just bad luck on my part or really cheap glass, but at 2300 miles I've got my 2nd rock chip to my windshield. When I went to inspect the glass chip from the outside, I was able to rubb with my fingernail parts of the glass as it just flaked away. At this rate, 1 for every 1000 miles, I think I'll be doing a windshield replacement in the near future.

·
Registered
34 Posts
wow that is bad luck, it has to be where your driving, i just hit 21,000 and no big pits in the windshield yet, (knock on wood), i dont drive long distance on highways every day but do occasionaly, i keep away from big rigs, seems like they aim for you..

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^ I try to stay away from the the big rigs as well. Both times I was at least 50ft or greater from any vehicle. I had another when I was going under a underpass. Bad luck I guess, but I seriously think the quality in the windshields on most cars have gotten worse. I've had older cars in the past that have taken direct hits with no cracks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah, I had two chips by 5000mi. I have to drive hwys and I do try to avoid rigs, but sometimes it can't be helped, specially in mtn passes. Between that and the rock chips in the paint, I have some major touch-ups to do. Everything else about the truck makes up for it though.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yeah, I had two chips by 5000mi. I have to drive hwys and I do try to avoid rigs, but sometimes it can't be helped, specially in mtn passes. Between that and the rock chips in the paint, I have some major touch-ups to do. Everything else about the truck makes up for it though.
My windshield gets hit all the time on the frwy. The crack just grew to the point of needing replacement. I've got some nice chips in the paint as well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just replaced my windshield at 22,000 miles. A rock hit the window on the way to work and I watched the crack spread across the entire portion on the window. Of course, it could not be repaired.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I got my first chip about three weeks ago (26,000 miles) and a big crack yesterday. New Windshield on Monday. How are the replacements any better?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't see how the replacements can be worse than OEM. The aftermarkets that I've installed within the last 5 years or equal or better than most OEM's.
I got my first chip about three weeks ago (26,000 miles) and a big crack yesterday. New Windshield on Monday. How are the replacements any better?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts