Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my boats trailer popped off going up my driveway, broke the safety clip or whatever its called and flipped up putting a nice new big hole in my tailgate and taking off gobs of paint. My insurance deductable is 1000 so that is out of the question and I dont have funds for a body shop. Have access to a paint booth and can put the new skin on myself as long as it is not too excessive. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Have access to a paint booth, then borrow the painter too. Sorry to hear about the mishap.

·
Registered
848 Posts
watch craigslist i have found many tailgates on there in the los angeles area and they go for 200-300 so you might be able to find one in your original color i found white,black timberland green and speedway blue .. i was looking for a slate one but couldnt find it

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
watch craigslist i have found many tailgates on there in the los angeles area and they go for 200-300 so you might be able to find one in your original color i found white,black timberland green and speedway blue .. i was looking for a slate one but couldnt find it
Just make sure it's not a stolen tailgate... I know I'd be awfully pissed if someone stole my tailgate and I saw it up for $300.

Then again, they'd get a tailgate with 2 coats of Rhino and the typical tailgate breakage.

-rockstate

·
Registered
32 Posts
i have a tailgate but has dings everywhere... needs bondo and paint job. let me know if you're interested in it.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
yeah the one listed above is teh cheapest i can find for u also. keep lookin on CL though...i saw one a week or so ago down here for 150 for the whole assembly....but of course its not listed now so i guess its sold. just drive with teh tailgate off or down for a while and no one will see it and will never know the difference haha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts