Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:beavbutt:Bought a new set of tires last week, 275/55/20 on the internet, no one, I mean no one came close on beating them even the tire rack,townfair or anyone that say's they can they say so but then say with mounting,stems,warranty they are the same!! bullshi**to my door total price 488.00 for a set of quality tires I'm talking coopers,not a noname brand awell known tire company.treadepot.com is the site check it out and let me know what you think. I search and search and this is the best price (total price after all the taxes and delivery included) want to pass on the deals to you guys that are looking if you need tires for a great price check them out!!will post pictures as soon of the wheels.

·
Registered
820 Posts
What is the site name? I am looking for some tires and rims very soon.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
treadepot.com 888) 421-8473Order Tracking | Help | My Account | Contact Us | Gallery Tires ATV Wheels Outlet Installers Chat With An Expert!Shopping Cart START HERE Tires Wheels ATV Tires ATV Wheels Search For Tires:

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
So what tires did you get?

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
You are right on! I checked rimzoneonline.com because they were the cheapest that I could find a couple years ago. I could save about $60 on shipping and about $24 per tire. Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Yea, I did something like this on my last SUV. Saved some money in the purchase, but by the time you add shipping and a shop mounting/balancing, it wasn't worth the hassle. If you save enough money though, its a good deal. All the places around me charged a ridiculous amount to mount/balance since I didn't buy from them, then they wouldn't warranty the balance. Had to get them re-balanced a couple months later since the shop did a piss-poor job. They knew that I couldn't come back and complain, so they didn't really care.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I agree, its funny when I go into sears or something to get an alignment someone is always in line for some tires and they say, "give me the cheapest one you have" and they usually say 50 bucks or something and boy they have the lowest speed ratings (sup par for their car) and the last only 10k miles or something like that it even saids it on the tire. tires make a diff on the road thats for sure.
I like saving money as much as anybody, but tires is one serious exception (too much riding on them).

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
So what tires did you get?
^^^ same question....which ones did you buy?
A local shop beat treadepot by $23 and I didn't have to worry about being home when UPS dropped almost $500 in tires in my driveway.

San Diego people...check out el Amigo for a great price on tires. Tires Retail - San Diego, CA - El Amigo Tires
I found them on San Diego craigslist and shot them an offer comparable to internet prices. Four Cooper Discoverer H/T plus 285/60R18s for $440 carry out.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I put the discovery plus tires on,my garage only charged 60 bucks to mount and balance them with new stems so total was 548.00 after all was done seeing what you guys said I still think this is the best all around deal!! the garage will also give me a road hazard free repairs. Just want to pass on the deals out there....right now this is one of the better one's that I found, took some picture's of the new tire's on my new crewmax.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Yep good deal, the vienamese tire repair shop will do it for less than 60 bucks and just throw a pack of beads in the tire's for the balance. Tire repairs are quik and done right, heck the last time tire kingdom changed my tires I wound up having to change my stems and if you go them for a simple tire repair even with the road hazard it takes hours and still cost money now they'll change the tire out for like 50 bucks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
A couple years ago I bought a set of 33 x 12.5 x 20 Toyo Open Country M/T's for my Crewmax, and nobody came close to matching treadepot's price...plus, shipping was free at the time. In fact, a couple of shops straight laughed at me when I told them the price...I think I paid a little less than $1200 for 4 tires. I'll admit, I was worried about ordering tires online, but it turned out to be like any other transaction... I ordered the tires, they were shipped to my house via UPS, and they looked like they came off the shelf at Les Schwab. For all I know, they may have even been drop shipped from Toyo. I've got almost 30k miles on them, and I haven't had one problem. "Would you recommend this to a friend?" ABSOLUTELY!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts