Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as i was driving today the check came on at a little over 50k miles. is it most likely a sensor or sometthing of that nature? i have true dual straights (no muffler) for a couple thousand miles, but could this be the reason also?

·
Registered
429 Posts
None of us nor yourself will have any clue what it is until you hook up a code scanner to read the malfunction code. Do that and let us know what comes up and we can help a bit more.

·
Retired Contributor
2010 Tundra/2015 4 Runner/2007 Prius
5,942 Posts
Code p0442 needs a fuel filler neck

I mean...what they said. Get the code read and we can assist from there.

·
Registered
61 Posts
wow thats odd cause my filler neck with bad (rusted through) although ive never heard of anyone else having this issue. Im chasing o2 sensors myself right now.

·
Retired Contributor
2010 Tundra/2015 4 Runner/2007 Prius
5,942 Posts
wow thats odd cause my filler neck with bad (rusted through) although ive never heard of anyone else having this issue. Im chasing o2 sensors myself right now.
There is 1 TSB for a fuel filler tube, CODE P0442
There is also a TSB for the EVAP SOLENOID ,CODE p0441/P0442 and/or P0446.
These codes are more common than the 02 sensor condition.

This is why we need a code to help him/her start to diagnoses the engine light and why people should not automatically assume. They usually end up chasing their tail.

·
Registered
831 Posts
as i was driving today the check came on at a little over 50k miles. is it most likely a sensor or sometthing of that nature? i have true dual straights (no muffler) for a couple thousand miles, but could this be the reason also?
I think your muffler bearings are worn out.

It can be anything, but check engine lights are usually a emissions device. You MUST pull the code, otherwise we'll be guess all day long, or year.... :beatsme:

·
Registered
300 Posts
... and check the vacuum hoses from the tank to the canister, the engine and intake.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts