Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The check engine light came on today.The truck has 93000 mi. on it.My first guess is a o2 sensor. Will take to my mech. next week will keep you posted. This is the first problem that I have had with truck

·
Registered
917 Posts
You can take it to most chain auto parts stores and get the code reader. You are prob. right about the 02 sensor your right in the mileage range. Make sure you replace them with Denso parts. I drove mine for two weeks while I waited for the parts and the weather.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I agree, that is probably it but you would be wise to do as the previous post says and make sure the dealer doesn't give you a run around about how much they want to do to the truck instead of what you need. I have been driving my 2002 for 40K miles after the light came on with no issues. It has run fine since it came on and when the dealer looked at it one time when I was there, they cleaned something, I don't remember what but the light went off for about a week and it's been on ever since with no issues so I don't even worry about it.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
As long as the light is on steady and not blinking, you're good. Get the code and get it fixed. Most likely an 02 sensor, as others have said.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi yes, most auto part stores can check it for you for free. also it could be as simple as you went over the 3000 miles for your oil change. it comes on.
the scanguage is cheap 159 shipped off of ebay. it's worth it's weight in gold. it gives you so many thing's, & it will tell you what code you have & it can also clear the code.
it can save you a bunch of money, because the mechanic can't lie to you, & tell you it needs all this stuff.
or it could be a o2 or something else.
gorilla

1 - 5 of 5 Posts