Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My check engine light (CEL) came on and the code was for an O2 sensor. The mechanic at a local garage reset it but the CEL came back on 40 miles later and stayed on for about a week. This morning I started the truck and the CEL light is not on nor did it come on today. My commute isn't much of a drive and I never reached over 40 mph. It was 30 degrees outside this morning. Does that have anything to do with the O2 sensor? I didn't put any gas in the truck between the change with the CEL nor touch the gas cap. Any ideas?

I have an appointment with Toyota to check out the CEL and O2 sensor later this month. I am trying to use the enhanced warranty letter that I read on another thread for the O2 sensor. Is there some reason that all of suddent the CEL is not on. Does the outdoor air temperature have anything to do with this, could the CEL be burned out? I am wondering if I should still have this checked out. The enhanced warranty is good for 7 years and/or 90,000 miles. Both of those variables might be reached about the same time. I currently have about 75K on the truck and don't want to lose out on the enhanced warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My check engine light (CEL) came on and the code was for an O2 sensor. The mechanic at a local garage reset it but the CEL came back on 40 miles later and stayed on for about a week. This morning I started the truck and the CEL light is not on nor did it come on today. My commute isn't much of a drive and I never reached over 40 mph. It was 30 degrees outside this morning. Does that have anything to do with the O2 sensor? I didn't put any gas in the truck between the change with the CEL nor touch the gas cap. Any ideas?

I have an appointment with Toyota to check out the CEL and O2 sensor later this month. I am trying to use the enhanced warranty letter that I read on another thread for the O2 sensor. Is there some reason that all of suddent the CEL is not on. Does the outdoor air temperature have anything to do with this, could the CEL be burned out? I am wondering if I should still have this checked out. The enhanced warranty is good for 7 years and/or 90,000 miles. Both of those variables might be reached about the same time. I currently have about 75K on the truck and don't want to lose out on the enhanced warranty.

No one seems to mention the possibility of a vacuum line leak or a PCV (inexpensive) issue. That's where I'm turning next since I have the same problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts