Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CEL came on recently. This is a 2000 Avalon. Codes of P1130 and 1135 were pulled. This points to the upstream O2 sensor, bank 1 sensor 1. Problem is, I replaced this one about 1-1.5 years ago. I pulled the "old" sensor and was going to clean it, but have managed to strip the threads on it when removing it. So I go buy an new sensor and install it. CEL is back on again. I'm about to sell my Toyotas and never buy another one again....I've had enough of the CELs and the O2 sensor failures. I'm $300 into this sensor, and the CEL is still on saying it's the same sensor!

·
Registered
568 Posts
All modern cars will have the same problem. You can thank the EPA for that. Try Rock Auto or Amazon.com. I know they would be cheaper than that. I would only use the Denso OES sensor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also have a 2000 Avalon with the same problems. I did some reading online and found if you remove your mass air flow sensor and clean it that is the problem. I did this and all codes cleared and it runs like new again. I did this three months ago. I used brake cleaner and then blew it out with air.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts