Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 Tacoma 4x4 V6 and just recently did the deck plate mod. I used sensor safe silicone to seal the deck plate and installed the whole air box back into my truck after letting the silicone dry for about an hour. When I went to start my truck it didn't sound good so I turned it off then looked and noticed my check engine light was on. Then I remembered that I forgot to plug back in the MAF. So I plugged it back in and my truck ran fine but the check engine light was still on. I am wondering if this is because the MAF was unplugged and the light needs to be reset or if it is because I didn't let the silicone dry long enough and there were still some fumes that got to the MAF. I figured it wouldn't be the silicone because it said sensor safe but I noticed when I was using it that it did have a strong smell. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
Take the negative off the battery for 10 mins then put it back on. CE light should stay off. No "fumes" will affect the MAF.

·
Registered
1 Posts
According to the information given by your truck is sounding bad due to the silicon plate which you have fixed.I think this is not due to silicon plate that my due to some engine problem.It is better you just consult to any mechanic or go to show room they will definitely solve your problem.

=======================================================

davein2304

for information on games..

Trivia Game Challenge

1 - 3 of 3 Posts