Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried to seach this site instead of posting a new thread on something I know is on here but keep getting a blank page as my seach so can anyone tell me if I can check the code that is causing my check engine light to come on without bring it to the garage. I come and seach this site a lot its great thamks to all that has helped...

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Go to an Autozone/PepBoys/Advanced Auto type of shop where they can scan it for free. There is no way to read a CEL/MIL without an OBDII scanner.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I miss the simplicity of only needing a paper clip. I certainly don't necessarily miss that truck. That's the price of progress, I guess. Back to the OP, you can take your truck to any chain store like mentioned above. Auto-zone, Advance, Oreillys, etc. On top of that, you can also put a deposit down on one and they'll let you take it home. So long as you return it, it'll be free of charge. That's nice if you can't get the vehicle to the store. I'm just too cheap to throw down the coin needed to buy my own.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I miss the simplicity of only needing a paper clip. I certainly don't necessarily miss that truck. That's the price of progress, I guess. Back to the OP, you can take your truck to any chain store like mentioned above. Auto-zone, Advance, Oreillys, etc. On top of that, you can also put a deposit down on one and they'll let you take it home. So long as you return it, it'll be free of charge. That's nice if you can't get the vehicle to the store. I'm just too cheap to throw down the coin needed to buy my own.
I just picked up a scangauge. I figured that since I was going to buy a scantool anyway, I'd get one that works double duty. Wife says it's a father's day gift. lol

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts