Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a used K&N air intake and a Skid Plate for $150! Can't go wrong with that!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Not bad! ;)

If you go offroad be careful w/ the OEM skid plate, Ive read a few threads where if people bumped stuff w/ it, it scrapped the paint on the bumper.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Congrats on the skid plate. Between the loss of low-end torque and NON-filtering ability of the K&N, you'll see why you got it so cheap. You'll actually see a huge difference in the color of your oil (in the same mileage interval) with the K&N compared to the stock filter.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I pull a trailer so if what your saying is true about the torque I guess I should remove the CAI.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
I saw a huge difference when I towed with it. See how much of a difference it makes to you. It sounds cool when you get on the throttle but that's it.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Yes, bad. I tow snowmobiles in an enclosed trailer in the winter and had to go back to the stock setup. Night and day difference. Alot of people associate noise with power. You may see a difference in the 4-5000 rpm range with the K&N but you are not at that rpm constantly when towing.

If you want to feel a difference buy some good headers and replace your factory muffler with a 2 1/2 freeflowing muffler like a Magnaflow and keep the stock 2 1/4" piping.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
I have JBA headers and felt a vast improvement over the factory manifolds. It is the best power mod IMO.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts