Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody with Toyota OEM Step Tubes better take a good look at them. See if the tabs are broken at each end on the black pads. If they are you WILL have PROBLEMS down the road like I did.....I posted another thread on this and there is a pic in my photo gallery.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
so why start a new thread saying the same thing as the thread u just posted a day or so ago about it?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so why start a new thread saying the same thing as the thread u just posted a day or so ago about it?
The old thread was a question and got buried...This thread states a fact and warning to anyone with OEM steptubes...Check em out...I'm hacked that mine only last 2 years.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Look at my profile picture & you can see the 3" stainless rapture step bars I bought for 199$ fron 4 wheelonline w/10 or lifetime warranty(can't remember & would be hard pressed to find paperwork). Toyota should be ashamed not to take care of this in a prompt manner, especialy when you consider I installed mine in my driveway in less than a hour & toyota has less in the tubes on your truck than I do mine & they probably charged you over 500$ for yours. Yea I'd be pi$$ed if mine tore up like yours, but with no more than I have in mine I'd just buy another set, rapture not toyota.

·
Registered
519 Posts
N-Fabs are the way to go!!!

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
N-Fabs are the way to go!!!
At first I was just looking for a undercover bed cover for my truck. The local shop that sells them wanted over 900$ installed. I looked on this forum and read how easy they are to install & how 4wheel on line was selling for 650$ so I went with them & picked up the rapture nerf bars for 199$. Got the bars the following monday(installed in less than a hour), recieved the undercover on tuesday(installed in less than a hour) no issues to date. I'm not upset with deal.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going to start loking for aftermarket....lots of choices for a lot less $$$. My selling dealer is sending the pics to Toyota Corporate to see what they think of the OEM tubes...I should hear something by the end of the week....

·
Registered
265 Posts
Mine are good so far. I ended up going with the OEM units because I liked the way they looked over a lot of the aftermarket pieces.

I really do like those OR Fab rails in the last post.. Where did you get those & how much are they going for..?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Check out the OR Fab rails.

Looks nice. Any other photos or info?

My oem steps are fine after 1.5 years. They are not the step tubs though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts